On Campus Program
Download the application checklist to ensure you complete all steps in the application process. Failure to complete any steps outlined on this webpage will result in an incomplete application and will not be reviewed.
The program office uses rolling admissions. Completed applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have a regionally accredited bachelor's degree with a 3.0 GPA or higher in the last 60 credits of course work (or an international equivalent)
- Have an official GMAT or GRE score
Students must have a notebook computer that meets the Warrington College of Business requirements.
UF Graduate Admissions Application
All applicants must fill out an application through the University of Florida Office of Admissions. Completing this application will generate an eight digit UFID which will be used to track your application. Applicants with a UFID number will retain their current number.
- To get started fill out a Graduate Admissions Application (the program office will not process any transcripts or test scores until this is completed).
- Students who have already completed a graduate degree at UF should fill out an application for readmission and fax it to the program office.
- International students should follow the international student admissions process.
- Select “Fall or Spring” as your entry term when asked.
- Select "Business Administration — Entrepreneurship" and the appropriate track as your program of study
- You will be required to enter your grades for the last 60 credits of your undergraduate programs. The Graduate School Admissions Office requires all applicants, including those with advanced degrees (Master's, D.V.M., Ph.D., M.D., etc.) to follow this procedure.
- You will be required to pay a non-refundable application fee of $30.00.
Statement of Purpose
You will be required to submit your statement of purpose during the graduate admission application. Your statement of purpose should clearly explain why you want to pursue the Program, what you hope to gain by completing the program, and how you plan on using your degree. Please keep your response to no more than two pages typed in a standard word processor.
Letters of Recommendation
Submit two (2) letters of recommendation through the UF graduate admissions application.
Submit a resume directly to the program office. You can submit your resume via email (mse at warrington.ufl.edu).
Contact your former universities and request them to send your official transcripts directly to the program office. All applicants with advanced degrees must provide transcripts from all graduate degree programs. (UF transcripts do not need to be sent.)
GMAT or GRE Exam
- Choose "University of Florida - Entrepreneurship Masters Program (code J7Z-5J-84)" when reporting GMAT scores.
- Choose "University of Florida (Code 5812)" when reporting GRE scores.
Failure to use the codes above may delay the admissions process. Notify the program office when you have taken the exam. We can conditionally admit applicants based on an unofficial exam score.
International applicants are also required to submit the following materials:
English Proficiency Requirements (TOEFL/IELTS/MELAB score)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) –minimum score: 80 internet-based
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) - minimum score: 6
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) - minimum score: 77
International applicants who took the GRE must also have scored a verbal section score of 140 or higher.
For exam exemptions, refer to the “exemptions” section under English Proficiency Requirements.
Diploma and Degree Certification
International applicants must submit a diploma and degree certification, in English and native language. Applicants who have not received their diploma must submit a letter from their institution stating the program of study and expected graduation date.
Policy for 3-Year Bachelor’s Degrees
The UF Office of Admissions will not recognize 3-year bachelor’s degrees from India, Australia, Bangladesh, Canada (excluding Quebec), Nepal and Pakistan. Three-year bachelor’s degrees from other countries are reviewed on an individual basis.
If a 3-year bachelor’s degree is considered not equivalent to a U. S. bachelor’s degree, an applicant has the option to obtain an evaluation from a professional credential evaluation service. If the credential service determines the degree is equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree, the applicant must submit a copy of the credential evaluation report to the department for reconsideration. Credential evaluation reports will be accepted from members of NACES or AACRAO.
MSE Application Deadlines
- International: May 12, 2017
- Domestic: Jul 14, 2017
- International: Oct 6, 2017
- Domestic: Dec 1, 2017
MSE Program Start Dates
- Fall 2017: Aug 21, 2017
- Spring 2018: Jan 8, 2018
Send Application Materials To:
Entrepreneurship & Innovation Center
Attn: MSE Program
Bryan Hall 133
1454 Union Road
PO Box 117168
Gainesville, FL 32611-7168
1384 Union Rd
Bryan Hall 125
Gainesville, FL 32611
Email (mse at warrington.ufl.edu)