Retailing Management Textbook
Professor Barton Weitz, the Executive Director of the Miller Retail Center co-authors the most widely used textbook for teaching retailing management.
Retailing Management, 7th edition
By Michael Levy, Babson College, and Barton Weitz, University of Florida
Published by McGraw-Hill, 2009 ISBN: 0073381047
- Used by over 500 colleges and universities to teach more than 25,000 students annually
- Chapters organized around a strategic planning model outlining the key strategic variables and moving to merchandise and store management implementation issues.
- Discusses latest topics and developments in retailing including globalization; customer relationship management programs; multi-channel retailing; supply chain management, the use of the Internet to improve operating efficiencies and customer service; and legal, ethical and corporate social responsibility issues.
- Presents a balanced treatment of strategic, "how to," and conceptual material, in a highly readable and interesting format.
- A "good read" because of the numerous examples of retailers, their practices, the interesting retail facts in the margins, and eye catching design and layout.