44th Annual PURC Conference: Florida Utilities: Who's Driving the Future?
February 22 - 23, 2017
Gainesville, FL, USA
Utility services - energy, water and telecommunications - are all about the customers. But sometimes we get so caught up in the day-to-day court cases, regulatory proceedings, mergers conflicts and arguments about the utility of the future that we forget that customers will drive the future if they are given the chance. One of the lessons from the evolution of telecommunications is that customers take industries in directions that no one anticipates. At the end of the day all of the arguments over fuels, clean water, investment, jurisdiction, prices, and industry structure fade into the background as customers express their preferences through political and market forces. How will customers make their choices? And who will serve them best?
PURC's 44th Annual Conference where we will examine what customers value and how they are being served. Speakers and participants engaged in discussions that address the following questions:
- What are customers telling us about what they value?
- Who will determine the future of the industry: regulation or customers?
- What are the latest trends in engaging with customers?
- Which aspects of quality do customers value the most?
- What are customers saying through their economic choices? Their political choices?
- How are customers changing and what does this mean for the industries and their regulators?