PURC Advanced International Practices Program: Energy Pricing
July 31 - August 5, 2011
Gainesville, Florida USA
PURC developed the PURC Advanced International Practices Program in consultation with faculty and alumni of the PURC/World Bank International Training Program on Utility Regulation and Strategy. The 2011 courses in this new program provided experienced utility professionals with a comprehensive understanding of the technical matters of infrastructure policy.
In attendance were 33 program participants from 11 different nations who developed the skills necessary to address today’s complex infrastructure issues. Using case studies and presentations by PURC faculty and infrastructure experts, the courses in this program emphasized practical lessons and new techniques for addressing the most pressing pricing, market, and process issues.
After completing this course, participants were able to:
- Prepare for and perform price reviews
- Develop economic incentives appropriate for utilities in small economies
- Evaluate market competition and develop remedies for market failure
- Analyze financial statements for rate setting and evaluating sector performance
- Develop innovative price structures that create incentives for consumers and producers to behave in a manner consistent with your utility policy