PURC Annual Conference
for Utility Service Providers, Policy Makers, and Regulators
44th Annual PURC Conference
Florida Utilities: Who’s Driving the Future?
February 22 – 23, 2017
Utility services—energy, water and telecommunications—are all about the customers. But sometimes we get so caught up in the day-to-day court cases, regulatory proceedings, mergers conflicts and arguments about the utility of the future that we forget that customers will drive the future if they are given the chance. One of the lessons from the evolution of telecommunications is that customers take industries in directions that no one anticipates. At the end of the day all of the arguments over fuels, clean water, investment, jurisdiction, prices, and industry structure fade into the background as customers express their preferences through political and market forces. How will customers make their choices? And who will serve them best?
Please join us for PURC's 44th Annual Conference where we will examine what customers value and how they are being served. Speakers and participants will engage in discussions that address the following questions:
- What are customers telling us about what they value?
- Who will determine the future of the industry: regulation or customers?
- What are the latest trends in engaging with customers?
- Which aspects of quality do customers value the most?
- What are customers saying through their economic choices? Their political choices?
- How are customers changing and what does this mean for the industries and their regulators?
Draft conference agenda to be posted by December 2016. The conference will begin at 1:30pm on Wednesday, February 22nd and conclude with lunch on Thursday, February 23rd.
This year’s conference will be located in Gainesville, Florida at the Hilton University of Florida Conference Center.
Hilton University of Florida Conference Center
1714 SW 34th Street
Gainesville, FL 32607
Conference attendees can reserve at a group rate of $145.00 plus tax per night. Reservation deadline for the group rate is January 22, 2017. Reserve your room online or by calling reservations at (352) 371-3600. Group code is PUR217.
For more than 40 years, our annual conference has served as a neutral forum for engaging dialogue about issues facing utility service providers, policymakers and regulatory agencies. The February event in Gainesville brings together key leaders in industry and academia, primarily from Florida and the Southeast.
PURC is registered with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation as a provider of continuing professional education programs. Each year, we apply to the DBPR for technical business CPE credit for conference sessions, as well as to the Florida Bar for general CLER credit for Florida law practitioners.
Past Annual Conferences
- 43rd Annual PURC Conference 2016
- 42nd Annual PURC Conference 2015
- 41st Annual PURC Conference 2014
- 40th Annual PURC Conference 2013
- 39th Annual PURC Conference 2012
- 38th Annual PURC Conference 2011
- 37th Annual PURC Conference 2010
- 36th Annual PURC Conference 2009
- 35th Annual PURC Conference 2008
- 34th Annual PURC Conference 2007
- 33rd Annual PURC Conference 2006
- 32nd Annual PURC Conference 2005
- 31st Annual PURC Conference 2004
- 30th Annual PURC Conference 2003
- 29th Annual PURC Conference 2002
- 28th Annual PURC Conference 2001
- 27th Annual PURC Conference 2000
- 26th Annual PURC Conference 1999
- 25th Annual PURC Conference 1998
- 24th Annual PURC Conference 1997
- 23rd Annual PURC Conference 1996
- 22nd Annual PURC Conference 1995
- 21st Annual PURC Conference 1994
- 20th Annual PURC Conference 1993
- 19th Annual PURC Conference 1992
- 18th Annual PURC Conference 1991
- 17th Annual PURC Conference 1990
- 16th Annual PURC Conference 1989
- 15th Annual PURC Conference 1988
- 14th Annual PURC Conference 1987
- 13th Annual PURC Conference 1986
- 12th Annual PURC Conference 1985
- 11th Annual PURC Conference 1984
- 10th Annual PURC Conference 1983
- 9th Annual PURC Conference 1982
- 8th Annual PURC Conference 1981
- 7th Annual PURC Conference 1980
- 6th Annual PURC Conference 1979
- 5th Annual PURC Conference 1978
- 4th Annual PURC Conference 1977
- 3rd Annual PURC Conference 1976
- 2nd Annual PURC Conference 1975
- 1st Annual PURC Conference 1974
PURC Distinguished Service Award
Each year at the PURC Annual Conference, PURC honors an individual who has contributed to the understanding of regulatory economics and finance. The PURC Distinguished Service Award recognizes the cumulative impact of an individual's research and policy analyses on both the academic community and regulatory policymakers.
Gerald L. Gunter Distinguished Service Award
The Gerald L. Gunter Distinguished Service Award is presented jointly at our Annual Conference by PURC and the Florida Public Service Commission. It recognizes a Public Service Commission employee who has made a significant contribution to the development of regulatory policy.
The award is named after the late FPSC Commissioner Gerald L. Gunter, who was especially supportive of the relationship between the University and the Florida PSC. After his death in June 1991, the Gerald L. Gunter Memorial was established by his friends and colleagues. In addition to the Gunter Award, financial gifts enabled the establishment of the Gunter Professorship in the Warrington College of Business. Mark Jamison serves as the Gerald L. Gunter Professor of research in regulatory policy.
Register on or before February 11, 2017 for $250 early registration fee. After February 11, 2017 registration fee is $300. Fee includes reception Wednesday evening, continental breakfast Thursday morning, plated lunch Thursday, and continuous refreshment break.
- Email Us (rebecca.beachy at warrington.ufl.edu)
Executive and Leadership Academy
Not finding what you’re looking for?
Mary Anne Helton
Robert J. Casey
Connie S. Kummer
James A. Ward
J. Alan Taylor