PURC Annual Conference
for Utility Service Providers, Policy Makers, and Regulators
Save the Date!
43rd Annual PURC Conference
A Messy Process for a Clean Power Plan
March 16 – 17, 2016
Clean power seems to be everyone’s aspiration, but the process for defining it and achieving it has become quite messy. The EPA’s Clean Power initiative is dominating most energy discussions these days, but the means by which to clarify the rules and comply with them is pulling together a lot of threads, such as state jurisdiction, renewable energy initiatives, the changing roles of natural gas, energy storage, water resource policy, and the like. And let’s not forget the overarching goals of reliability and keeping energy affordable. New stakeholders are emerging as technologies and the economics for production change, giving rise to increasingly complex regulatory and political issues. How can those responsible for keeping the system working make decisions for the long term? What are their options and what are the likely outcomes?
Please join us for PURC's 43rd Annual Conference where we will examine options and decision making for environmental policies, energy supply, industry roles and responsibilities, and water regulation. Speakers and participants will engage in discussions that address the following questions:
- How will Florida respond to the Clean Power Plan initiative?
- What are other states doing?
- What is happening in the retail markets for natural gas?
- How will the Clean Power Plan and renewable energy options affect consumers?
- What are the disrupters in utilities? What threats or opportunities do they present?
- What can be improved in water regulation? How will water policy affect energy?
For more than 40 years, our annual conference has served as a neutral forum for engaging dialogue about issues facing utility service providers, policymakers and regulatory agencies. The February event in Gainesville brings together key leaders in industry and academia, primarily from Florida and the Southeast.
PURC is registered with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation as a provider of continuing professional education programs. Each year, we apply to the DBPR for technical business CPE credit for conference sessions, as well as to the Florida Bar for general CLER credit for Florida law practitioners.
Hotel Reservations at Hilton UF Conference Center Gainesville:
The Group Rate is $145.00 plus tax per night
Group Rate Code: PUR316
Reservation deadline for Group Rate is February 16, 2016
Past Annual Conferences
- 42nd Annual PURC Conference 2015
- 41st Annual PURC Conference 2014
- 40th Annual PURC Conference 2013
- 39th Annual PURC Conference 2012
- 38th Annual PURC Conference 2011
- 37th Annual PURC Conference 2010
- 36th Annual PURC Conference 2009
- 35th Annual PURC Conference 2008
- 34th Annual PURC Conference 2007
- 33rd Annual PURC Conference 2006
- 32nd Annual PURC Conference 2005
- 31st Annual PURC Conference 2004
- 30th Annual PURC Conference 2003
- 29th Annual PURC Conference 2002
- 28th Annual PURC Conference 2001
- 27th Annual PURC Conference 2000
- 26th Annual PURC Conference 1999
- 25th Annual PURC Conference 1998
- 24th Annual PURC Conference 1997
- 23rd Annual PURC Conference 1996
- 22nd Annual PURC Conference 1995
- 21st Annual PURC Conference 1994
- 20th Annual PURC Conference 1993
- 19th Annual PURC Conference 1992
- 18th Annual PURC Conference 1991
- 17th Annual PURC Conference 1990
- 16th Annual PURC Conference 1989
- 15th Annual PURC Conference 1988
- 14th Annual PURC Conference 1987
- 13th Annual PURC Conference 1986
- 12th Annual PURC Conference 1985
- 11th Annual PURC Conference 1984
- 10th Annual PURC Conference 1983
- 9th Annual PURC Conference 1982
- 8th Annual PURC Conference 1981
- 7th Annual PURC Conference 1980
- 6th Annual PURC Conference 1979
- 5th Annual PURC Conference 1978
- 4th Annual PURC Conference 1977
- 3rd Annual PURC Conference 1976
- 2nd Annual PURC Conference 1975
- 1st Annual PURC Conference 1974
PURC Distinguished Service Award
Each year at the PURC Annual Conference, PURC honors an individual who has contributed to the understanding of regulatory economics and finance. The PURC Distinguished Service Award recognizes the cumulative impact of an individual's research and policy analyses on both the academic community and regulatory policymakers.
Gerald L. Gunter Distinguished Service Award
The Gerald L. Gunter Distinguished Service Award is presented jointly at our Annual Conference by PURC and the Florida Public Service Commission. It recognizes a Public Service Commission employee who has made a significant contribution to the development of regulatory policy.
The award is named after the late FPSC Commissioner Gerald L. Gunter, who was especially supportive of the relationship between the University and the Florida PSC. After his death in June 1991, the Gerald L. Gunter Memorial was established by his friends and colleagues. In addition to the Gunter Award, financial gifts enabled the establishment of the Gunter Professorship in the Warrington College of Business. Richard Romano serves as the Gerald L. Gunter Professor of research in regulatory policy.
Mary Anne Helton
Robert J. Casey
Connie S. Kummer
James A. Ward
J. Alan Taylor