Join the Diplomats
The Warrington Diplomat program is comprised of the top highly committed and motivated 30-40 junior, senior, and graduate business and accounting student leaders tasked with representing the Warrington College of Business. As the official ambassadors, the Diplomats are involved in public relations events on and off campus and act as resource people regarding college policies, procedures, and programs to new and current students. The visibility, training, and experience gained as a Diplomat are invaluable assets in the professional development process.
The Warrington Diplomats serve the college by giving tours to prospective students, hosting college events, showcasing college resources, and connecting students with personal and professional development opportunities.
“Serving as a Warrington Diplomat is an experience you won’t be able to find anywhere else – while the Diplomats serve you as a student and young professional by providing you with tools and wisdom to succeed, you also have full autonomy to serve back and show your support of the Warrington College of Business.” – Eden Shamir, Alumni
- Attend Meetings on Tuesday nights at 6:15 pm (2-3 per month)
- Serve on one committee
- Devote 2-4 hours per week to training, meetings, tours, and other responsibilities. The schedule of a Warrington Diplomat changes throughout the semester where there are some weeks, you will be working much more than 2-6 hours (Warrington Career Week), and some weeks there will be fewer time commitments.
- Willingness to help with any task and be a leader, representing the Warrington College of Business to the best of your ability
- Take initiative in all areas of the program
- Rising Junior, Senior, or graduate business or accounting major
- Minimum 3.0 overall UF GPA
Applications open Monday, January 30th, 2023 at noon and close March 1st, 2023 at noon. No late applications will be accepted after the closing date. As much as possible, prepare the application materials before beginning the application to help avoid a GatorLink login time-out:
- Online Application Questions
It is recommended you save your answers in a Microsoft Word document to avoid technical difficulty.
If selected for an interview, we will notify you of available interview slots by end of the day on March 4th, 2023. There will be two interviews. One with our executive board members and one with a BCS coach. Interviews will occur on March 8-9th, 2023, and decision day will be on March 19th, 2023.
*Recommendation: Write all of your responses to the application questions on a separate document in case the application does not save. You will receive a confirmation email if we have received your application and late applications will not be accepted.