MSF News & Events
SPRING 2014Information sessions: We are looking for University of Florida freshman and sophomores with strong GPAs and SAT scores for the MSF Combined Degree Program. Early interest in the program is highly recommended. Sessions are typically held once a month and last about one hour. No RSVP required.
- Friday, January 10, 8:30 AM, 120 Hough Hall
- Wednesday, January 29, 9:30 AM, 120 Hough Hall
- Thursday, February 13, 8:30 AM, 120 Hough Hall
- Wednesday, February 26, 10:00 AM, 120 Hough Hall
- Wednesday, March 12, 8:30 AM, 120 Hough Hall
- Friday, March 28, 8:30 AM, 338 Hough Hall
Recommended for 1st year students only, as application has passed for other students:
- Thursday, April 10, 8:30 AM, 202 Hough Hall
- Monday, April 28, 8:30 AM, 120 Hough Hall
As you wait for an upcoming Information Session date, please be attending the Finance Professional Speaker Series. Mrs. Herring is available at the front of the room before the presentations, and you can introduce yourself.
- The UF MSF team won the local CFA Institute Research Challenge and advanced to the Americas regional competition in Colorado to be held mid-March.
- The MSF Program hosted the second Atlanta Gator Finance Professionals Alumni Reception in Buckhead.
- Another season of the Finance Professional Speaker Series has concluded. This fall’s series included several MSF alumni.
Round Table sessions for young MSF students were hosted by additional fall visitors.
(left: John Matthews, head of Private Wealth Management, UBS Wealth Management Americas, and right: Robert Arditi, Principal Norwest Venture Partners)
- Campus recruiting visits were made by SE Regional Investments Banks, including MSF alumni from Wells Fargo.
- MSF Alumnus, Azer Song-Naba, is recognized for philanthropic efforts
Members of the Dean's Advisory Board attended a reception with prospective students and the senior students of the class of 2011
The students especially appreciated the opportunity to spend time with Mr. William R. Hough and his wife, Hazel. Also attending were, Janice Cellier, Divisional Sales Director of Invesco's Wirehouse, Coleman Cordell, Managing Director of Bank of America Securities, Ben Plotkin, Vice Chairman of the Board of Stifel Financial Corporation and EVP of Stifel Nicolaus, Larry Smith, Chairman and CIO of Third Wave Global Investors.