MSF News & Events
Fall 2013Information sessions: We are looking for University of Florida freshman and sophomores with strong GPAs and SAT scores for the MSF Combined Degree Program. Early interest in the program is highly recommended. Sessions are typically held once a month and last about one hour. No RSVP required.
- Friday, August 30, 8:45 AM, 120 Hough Hall
- Thursday, September 19, 8:30 AM, 120 Hough Hall
- Tuesday, October 8, noon, 120 Hough Hall
- Friday, November 1, 9 AM, 338 Hough Hall
- Wednesday, November 20, 8:30 AM, 120 Hough Hall
- Thursday, December 12, noon, 120 Hough Hall
As you wait for an upcoming Information Session date, please be attending the Finance Professional Speaker Series. Mrs. Herring is available at the front of the room before the presentations, and you can introduce yourself.
- The largest MSF class graduates with 95% job placement before graduation for domestic students.
- The UF MSF Team won the Regional CFA Competition and competed in the North America Investment Research Challenge hosted by CFA Institute, held in New York City.
- MSF alumni, Jet Theriac and Vishnu Lekraj, returned to participate in the Finance Professional Speaker Series this year.
- For the second year in a row, the University of Florida team won first place at the Regional Finals of the ACG Cup Competition, with MSF 2012 student John Bennett.
- The fourth annual NYC reception of the Gator Finance Professionals Network was attended by over 100 people.
Congratulations to the MSF Class of 2011!
On April 28, the graduates and their families attended an MSF reception at Gainesville Country Club.
MSF students win ACG Tampa Bay Cup
Five MSF students (Yujin Cho, Jesse Andrews, Andrew Winner, Carol Skordas and Bill Light) won the Association for Corporate Growth Cup last week in Tampa Bay. The ACG Cup is a case study competition designed for students from graduate business programs.
Brian Gendreau, MSF Faculty Member, talks to CNNMoney.com, the Associated Press and On Wall Street
Brian Gendreau discusses market effects with CNNMoney.com and the Associated Press and investment strategies during a recovery with On Wall Street Magazine.
Members of the Dean's Advisory Board attended a reception with prospective students and the senior students of the class of 2011
The students especially appreciated the opportunity to spend time with Mr. William R. Hough and his wife, Hazel. Also attending were, Janice Cellier, Divisional Sales Director of Invesco's Wirehouse, Coleman Cordell, Managing Director of Bank of America Securities, Ben Plotkin, Vice Chairman of the Board of Stifel Financial Corporation and EVP of Stifel Nicolaus, Larry Smith, Chairman and CIO of Third Wave Global Investors.
Bloomberg hosted a special session in the Capital Markets Lab for the graduate students
Goldman Sachs has selected the University of Florida as a target school for internship recruiting
Meng Liu (shown here with Joe Todd, Goldman Sachs Managing Director and UF alumnus) accepted a summer 2011 internship at Goldman Sachs.
The 3rd Annual Gator Finance Professionals Network Gathering, August 4, 2010, New York, NY, was well attended and a great success.
MSF students William Kilstein, Desi DiPierro, Carol Skordas, and William Gross represented the University of Florida in the CFA Institute Global Investment Research Challenge. The Global Investment Research Challenge brings together university students, investment industry professionals, and publicly traded companies from around the world to jointly promote best practices in equity research and company analysis.