Department of Information Systems & Operations Management
Industry Advisory Board
The Industry Advisory Board is the department's industry liaison group that consists of ISOM professionals from Florida and multi-national business organizations.
- Helping ISOM Faculty keep course curricula current.
- Enhancing the understanding and knowledge of ISOM students about career opportunities in member companies.
- Helping Forum members recruit ISOM graduates.
- Providing continuing education for both ISOM Faculty and Forum members.
- Facilitating research and consulting of mutual interest to ISOM faculty and Forum members.
- Semi-annual conferences for Forum members and ISOM faculty, with keynote addresses by leading experts in ISOM on current topics of mutual interest.
- Ongoing continuing education for both Forum members and ISOM faculty.
- Access for forum members to the Warrington College of Business Administration and the entire University of Florida faculty and facilities.
- Assurance that the ISOM curriculum contents satisfy actual real-world needs.
- Increased understanding by ISOM undergraduates, graduate students and faculty of rewarding and challenging positions available in member companies.
- Providing members with expert research advice and consulting through the ISOM faculty.
- Body Central
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- KPMG LLP
- Mal’ak Natural
- Office Depot
- PriceWaterhouseCoopers, LLP
- Raymond James Financial
Becoming a Member
A prospective business member must designate one person and up to two alternates as representatives to the Forum. These representatives should be chosen from among officers, executives, and other high-level management personnel of the company. To assist in supporting Forum programs and activities, and initial two-year commitment must be made by each prospective member company to provide annual financial support to the Forum according to the following schedule; based on gross sales.