Department of Information Systems & Operations Management
Industry Advisory Board
The Industry Advisory Board is the department's industry liaison group that consists of ISOM professionals from Florida and multi-national business organizations.
- to assist ISOM faculty with keeping course curricula current
- to inform ISOM students about various career opportunities with member companies
- to aid Forum members recruit trained ISOM graduates
- to provide continuing education for ISOM faculty and Forum members
- to facilitate research and consulting between ISOM faculty and Forum members
- Annual conferences with keynote addresses by leading experts in ISOM on current topics
- Ongoing continuing education
- Access to the Warrington College of Business and the entire University of Florida faculty and facilities
- Assurance that the ISOM curriculum contents satisfy actual real-world needs
- Increased understanding of rewarding and challenging positions available in member companies
- Providing expert research advice and consulting through the ISOM faculty
Contributions of Forum members enable us to recognize several students for their excellence in academics and service. The recipients are announced the evening before the annual Forum Meeting.
- ExxonMobil Scholarship – Mohit Bolar
- Ingenios Health Scholarship – Lin Li
- KPMG Scholarship – Yuan Liang
- Northrop Grumman Scholarship – Xueting Lu
- Raymond James Scholarship – Carly Roach
- ISOM Forum Scholarship – Shichun Li
Becoming a Member
A prospective business member must designate one person and up to two alternates as representatives to the Forum. These representatives should be chosen from among officers, executives, and other high-level management personnel of the company. To assist in supporting Forum programs and activities, and initial two-year commitment must be made by each prospective member company to provide annual financial support to the Forum according to the following schedule; based on gross sales.