Bergstrom Center Advisory Board Retreat
The Bergstrom Center Advisory Board Retreat is held each fall at the Hilton University of Florida Conference Center in Gainesville, Florida in conjunction with a Florida Gators football game. Join us for a terrific opportunity to network and exchange knowledge with other Advisory Board members and UF real estate students.
2013 Bergstrom Center Real Estate Advisory Board Retreat
September 19 – 20, 2013
Hilton University of Florida Conference Center
Register online today.
Thursday, September 19th
- 12:30 - 4:00 pm Retreat Check-in - Hallway in front of the Century A Ballroom
- 2:30 - 3:45 pm Real Estate Student Introductions
- 4:00 - 5:30 pm Real Estate Round Tables with Students
- 5:30 - 7:00 pm Reception for Advisory Board members and Real Estate students - at the Hilton
- 7:15 pm Dinner at the Museum of Natural History (Board members only – no program, only networking)
Friday, September 20th
- 8:00 - 9:00 am Networking Breakfast
- 9:00 - 9:45 am Welcome & Bergstrom Center update
- 9:45 - 10:45 am Breakout Sessions
- Social Media - Jim Fried
Using social media in real estate applications. Does it work? How have you been successful? What’s the ROI?
- Lease Accounting - John Ebenger
Accounting for Troubled Debt Restructuring
Discuss the tax implications with the two topics listed and what is going to happen in coming years with tax policy and its effect on real estate
- Debt & Equity Markets -Howard Taft/Steve Cohn/Jim Stine
Discuss the latest trends in capital markets, the effect of interest rates rising, etc.
- Social Media - Jim Fried
- 10:45 – 11:45 am State of our Cities – Is there a Detroit in Florida?
Jerry D. Parrish, Chief Economist and Director of the Center for Competitive Florida, Florida TaxWatch, Adjunct Instructor in the Masters in Applied Economics Program, Florida State University
- 11:45 – 1:00 pm Lunch -David Brown, Chairman, UF Board of Trustees
- 1:15 – 3:00 pm Roundtable – Open Discussion hosted by Steve Cohen
The retreat will be held at the Hilton University of Florida Conference Center in Gainesville, Florida. The retreat is the Thursday and Friday before the Tennessee football game, so the hotel will fill up quickly.
Reserve your room online or call 352-371-3600 and give them Reservation Code: BCA913. The rate for Thursday night is $139 plus tax. There is a two-night minimum stay requirement if you stay over on Friday night due to the football game on Saturday. The rate for Friday and Saturday night is $329/night plus tax.
Reservations must be made no later than Wednesday, August 21. All reservations must be reserved by this date in order to receive the discounted group rate.
If you have questions, please contact either Denise Stoll, Bergstrom Center Office Manager at (352) 273-0311 or via email (denise.stoll at warrington.ufl.edu) or Angela Betancourt, Bergstrom Center Assistant Director at (352) 273-0312 or via email (angela.betancourt at warrington.ufl.edu).