Undergraduate Accounting Minor
The minor in accounting is open to all non-accounting students in on-campus programs. It offers students a strong foundation in financial and managerial accounting beyond the introductory level.
With the increasingly interdisciplinary model used by businesses, completion of the minor broadens career opportunities and increases the student's marketability. With careful course selection, completion of the minor will accrue enough accounting credits for students from any major to apply for direct admission to the Master of Accounting program upon completion of the undergraduate degree.
Hours: Credits will vary
- ACG 2021 Introduction to Financial Accounting (sophomore standing)
- ACG 2071 Introduction to Managerial Accounting (ACG 2021 "B")
- ACG 3101 Financial Accounting and Reporting 1 (ACG 2021 "B"; ACG 2071 "B")
- ACG 3401 Business Processes and Accounting Information Systems (ACG 2021 "B"; ACG 2071 "B"; CGS 2531 or ISM 3013)
- ACG 4111 Financial Accounting and Reporting 2 (ACG 3101 "C"; FIN 3403)
- ACG 4341 Cost and Managerial Accounting (ACG 3101 "C"; ACG 3401 "C"; QMB 3250; MAC 2234)
- Student must be in an on-campus program. The minor is not available to UF students in online programs.
- All 3000-level and above course work must be completed at the University of Florida.
- All course and grade prerequisites must be satisfied. Because the prerequisites for some upper-division accounting courses include business courses not included herein, non-business majors typically have to complete additional business courses to complete this minor.
- A minimum grade of C is required for each course in the minor, except for ACG 2021 and ACG 2071, which require a minimum grade of B.
- With advanced approval from the associate director, additional 3000-level or above accounting courses may be substituted for the requirements listed above.