Master of Accounting
Students seeking admission to the Master of Accounting program submit a graduate application through the University of Florida's Admissions Office. Prospective graduate students must take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). Graduate applications will not be processed without a test score.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What semesters do you accept new students?
The MAcc program admits students during the Fall, Spring and Summer terms. Because of the way in which the curriculum is offered, transfer students are encouraged to apply for summer admission.
- Do you offer conditional admission?
No. All applicants must meet full admission requirements and may not take accounting classes unless they are officially admitted to the program.
- Do you allow deferred admission? That is, can I defer my admission from one year to another?
No. However, when an admitted student is unable to enroll and requests to be deferred, the Fisher School will allow the admitted student to request to defer their application for one semester only. All others will need to re-apply to the program.
- How do I apply to the MAcc program?
Graduate applications are filed through the University of Florida's Admissions Office. You may fill out and submit your online application and application fee payment through their website. Apply Online
- What is the application fee and how do I pay it?
There is a nonrefundable $30 fee for each application you submit to a UF graduate program. You can pay this fee online by credit card (via the Graduate Application portal) or via mail with a bank check made payable to the "University of Florida." Payment must be in US funds. Your application cannot be processed without a fee payment. The fee cannot be waived or deferred.
- What is a complete application file?
A completed file means your application can be released by the University to the Fisher School of Accounting so a decision can be made. Before this can happen, all items listed below must be uploaded electronically via the web.
- Complete the online Graduate Admission Application.
- All official transcripts must be provided to the University of Florida. Official transcripts can be uploaded electronically by your academic institution or your academic institution can mail a sealed official copy of your transcripts to the University of Florida. Important note for international applicants: official transcripts must be provided in both their native language and in English.
- Personal Statement
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Official GMAT Score Report. Applications without GMAT scores submitted by the application due date will experience delays in processing.
- TOEFL iBT score (only required for applicants whose native language is not English). Applications without TOEFL scores submitted by the application due date will experience delays in processing.
- The $30 application fee has been paid.
- Where do I send the supporting materials for my application?
Any supporting materials not submitted with the online application or sent to University Admissions should be mailed to:
- Fisher School of Accounting
210 Gerson Hall
University of Florida
P.O. Box 117166
Gainesville, FL 32611-7166
- Fisher School of Accounting
- How will I know when my application is complete?
Check the Office of Admissions for your online application status. This link will list missing credentials or credentials they have received. For unresolved questions you can contact the Fisher School of Accounting before the credentials deadline to make sure your application is complete. It is the applicant's responsibility to make sure his / her application is complete. Further review of your application will not be done until all credentials have been received.
- What are the due dates for my application and credentials?
MAcc Program Application and Credentials Deadlines
- What happens if my application is not complete by the credentials deadline?
Incomplete applications will be denied without further notice at the expiration of the credential deadline. Occasionally completed applications that have been referred to the Fisher School require additional information. Applicants with unresolved credentials questions will be notified by email. Failure to respond to the email, or to provide the missing credentials by the time specified in the message, will result in the application being denied for missing credentials.
GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test)
- What is the GMAT Code for sending test scores to the University?
GMAT code is J7Z-5J-13
- What is the minimum GMAT score required?
Applicants must complete the GMAT. GRE scores may not be substituted for the GMAT. Minimum GMAT scores required are:
GMAT Requirements Total Essay Integrated Reasoning 550 4 Not Needed
- Can an applicant be considered with a low GMAT score?
It is unlikely that an applicant will be admitted with a deficiency in the total minimum required GMAT score. Special cases can only be considered after three documented attempts of completing the GMAT. There are no exceptions to the minimum required essay score of 4.
- Can I repeat only the essay portion of the GMAT to achieve a minimum score of 4 if my initial essay score was low but my total GMAT score was satisfactory?
- When does a GMAT expire?
GMAT scores are valid for 5 years after the test date.
GRE (Graduate Record Examination)
- Do you accept the GRE?
No. We only accept the GMAT.
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- What is the TOEFL Code for sending test scores to the University?
TOEFL code is 5812
- Is the TOEFL required for all international applicants?
Foreign students who are not exempt under university guidelines must complete the TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language). Exemption Policies
- What are FSOA’s minimum requirements for the TOEFL?
The TOEFL minimums can be found in the MAcc program eligibility requirements.
- My overall TOEFL score meets FSOA’s minimum requirement. However, it does not meet the minimum for each section of the test. Am I still admissible?
If an applicant scores below the minimum required in any section of the TOEFL exam, the applicant is not admissible to the program – there are no exceptions to this requirement.
- Is the IELTS an acceptable substitute for the TOEFL?
The IELTS will not be accepted or replace the TOEFL requirement.
- When does a TOEFL score expire?
TOEFL scores are good for 2 years.
Letters of Recommendation
- How many recommendation letters are required?
Three letters are required.
- Who should I ask to write letters of recommendation for me?
Applicants may provide letters of recommendation from anyone who can attest to the candidate's likelihood for success in a graduate accounting program. Letters from accounting faculty are well regarded references for this purpose.
- How do I submit a letter of recommendation?
Applicants can request letters of recommendation through the Graduate application page, or they can be sent directly to the Fisher School of Accounting in hard copy on official letterhead. Hard copies must arrive from the recommender in a signed, sealed envelope.
- Does meeting all minimum admission requirements guarantee admission?
No. Meeting the minimum standards does not guarantee admission into the Fisher School. Admission is selective. In addition to the published admission requirements, admission decisions consider other important attributes such as, but not limited to, the academic reputation of the undergraduate program attended, the pattern of repeated coursework, drops, withdrawals, preparatory course deficiencies, or the completion of graduate coursework required to be completed in the MAcc.
- How will I be notified about my admission decision?
You will receive notification by mail once a decision has been made. As there are a large number of qualified applicants each semester, it is normal for this to take several weeks after the final credentials deadline. Please do not call or email asking for status updates until at least 30 days after the credentials deadline has lapsed. This will neither expedite the decision nor improve your chances of being accepted.
- After receiving my decision, who do I contact if I have questions?
Call 352.273.0200 and ask to speak to the Graduate Program Assistant in charge of the MAcc program.