Heavener-Sponsored Program Advisor of the Year
This award is presented to a Heavener-sponsored program advisor who has demonstrated qualities associated with outstanding leadership development of students and who outfit participants with the skills and tools necessary to pursue elected and appointed leadership positions at an exceptional level.
For the award application, you will need to complete the following:
- Submit the online application form. All applications are due at 11:59PM on February 5th.
- You will attach your essay (required) and any additional letters of support (encouraged) to this form.
Please plan to include the following in your application:
- In no more than two pages double-spaced, please address the following:
- Description of this advisor’s exceptional service to the organization, college, or community.
- How the advisor supports and embodies the goals and mission of the organization.
- How the advisor contributes to individual student leadership development within the organization.
- How the advisor supports the organization beyond just attending or participating in meetings and events. Please be specific about the number and description of initiatives taken by the advisor.
- Letters of support are encouraged, but not required. Maximum of two letters, each limited to one page.
- If you are also applying for awards that require a PowerPoint presentation, please do not address this award in your presentation.
Selection Process & Criteria
An advisor will be selected for this award by a selection committee consisting of Heavener staff members. Applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Does the application adhere to proper formatting requirements listed above?
- Does this advisor exemplify exceptional above and beyond support to the goals and mission of the organization?
- Does the advisor support the development of the personal and professional skills of students beyond basic need?
- Examples of noteworthy actions which demonstrate a remarkable level of investment and caring for students’ leadership, professional development, and success?
- Is there evidence of this advisor supporting and guiding new and innovative projects and ventures done by student leaders?
- Is there evidence of this advisor supporting the organization through helping students gain and utilize leadership skills demanded by employers and graduate programs?
- Is there evidence of the advisor implementing college initiatives such as Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) within the organization?
Previous Award Recipients