The Citizenship Award recognizes the student organization that exemplifies good citizenship to other student organizations and the greater Warrington student organization community.
For the award application, you will need to complete the following:
- Submit the online application form. All applications are due at 11:59PM on February 5th.
- You will attach your essay (required) and any additional letters of support (encouraged) to this form.
Explain why you believe that your organization or the nominated organization should be considered for the Citizenship Award. Please include the following in your application:
- In no more than two pages double-spaced, please offer examples of the organization’s commitment to improving the Warrington student organization community, including:
- Co-sponsorship or collaborative events that the organization has initiated including dates, descriptions of events, number of attendees, and the role of each organization in the events.
- BCC events the organization has participated in, including: Business Bash, Warrington Wednesdays, and other BCC-sponsored events.
- Community service events the organization has planned and/or participated in.
- Any additional efforts the organization has made to assist other student organizations and increase camaraderie among student organizations.
- Letters of support are encouraged, but not required. Maximum of two letters, each limited to one page.
- If you are also applying for awards that require a PowerPoint presentation, please do not address this award in your presentation.
Selection Process & Criteria
An organization will be selected for this award by a selection committee consisting of Heavener staff members. Applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Does the application adhere to proper formatting requirements listed above?
- Does this student organization demonstrate citizenship on a consistent basis?
- Is there evidence of the organization’s collaboration with other groups?
- How actively has this organization participated in sponsored events?
- Is there evidence of this organization’s commitment to community service?
- Is there evidence this organization has assisted other groups and increased camaraderie in the student organization community?
By submitting an application, applicants agree to release their academic records and discipline records to the selection committee. This year’s selection committee members are: Jack Causseaux, Danica Mandarano, Sarah Morais, Dr. Jessica Francis, and the BCC President.