Teamwork and Collaboration
Build and maintain collaborative relationships with peers, colleagues, and customers to work effectively toward common goals, while appreciating diverse viewpoints and shared responsibilities. Be able to work within a team structure, and actively negotiate and manage conflict.
- Listen carefully to others, taking time to understand and ask appropriate questions without interrupting.
- Effectively manage conflict, interact with and respect diverse personalities, and meet ambiguity with resilience.
- Be accountable for individual and team responsibilities and deliverables.
- Employ personal strengths, knowledge, and talents to complement those of others.
- Exercise the ability to compromise and be agile.
- Collaborate with others to achieve common goals.
- Build strong, positive working relationships with supervisor and team members/coworkers.
NACE Center for Career Development and Talent Acquisition®
- Actively participate in team settings
- Volunteer to be on a committee
- Be part of a case team
- Play on an athletic team
- Study team dynamics
- Join a student organization
- Take on a leadership position
What does growth look like?