Leverage the strengths of others to achieve common goals and use interpersonal skills to coach and develop others. Assess and manage personal emotions and those of others; use empathetic skills to guide and motivate; and organize, prioritize, and delegate work.
- Inspire, persuade, and motivate self and others under a shared vision.
- Seek out and leverage diverse resources and feedback from others to inform direction.
- Use innovative thinking to go beyond traditional methods.
- Serve as a role model to others by approaching tasks with confidence and a positive attitude.
- Motivate and inspire others by encouraging them and by building mutual trust.
- Plan, initiate, manage, complete, and evaluate projects.
- Recognize strengths in others.
- Take initiative.
NACE Center for Career Development and Talent Acquisition®
- Read books
- Watch Ted Talks
- Study Leadership styles and theories
- Participate in workshops
- Join a Leadership development program
- Become a mentor and seek out a mentor
- Take on a leadership role in a student organization
- Become a project manager
- Learn and implement your strengths
- Learn and recognize strengths in other
- Develop your leadership style
What does growth look like?