Equity and Inclusion
Demonstrate the awareness, attitude, knowledge, and skills required to equitably engage and include people from different local and global cultures. Engage in anti-racist practices that actively challenge the systems, structures, and policies of racism.
- Solicit and use feedback from multiple cultural perspectives to make inclusive and equity-minded decisions.
- Actively contribute to inclusive and equitable practices that influence individual and systemic change.
- Advocate for inclusion, equitable practices, justice, and empowerment for historically marginalized communities.
- Seek global cross-cultural interactions and experiences that enhance one’s understanding of people from different demographic groups and that leads to personal growth.
- Keep an open mind to diverse ideas and new ways of thinking.
- Identify resources and eliminate barriers resulting from individual and systemic racism, inequities, and biases.
- Demonstrate flexibility by adapting to diverse environments.
- Address systems of privilege that limit opportunities for members of historically marginalized communities.
NACE Center for Career Development and Talent Acquisition®
Developing Equity and Inclusion
- Participate in DEI events and workshops
- Study Abroad
- Do community service
- Listen to diverse speakers
- Engage with others from diverse backgrounds
- Complete your Social Identity Wheel
- Become an Ally
- Learn about Privilege
- Participate in Social Justice Initiatives
- Develop awareness of biases
- Intentional seek out opportunities to meet those with different identify factors
- Listen to others tell their personal stories
What does growth look like?