Warrington Diplomat Recruitment
The Warrington Diplomat program is comprised of the top highly committed and motivated 30-40 junior, senior, and graduate business and accounting student leaders tasked with representing the Warrington College of Business. As the official ambassadors, the Diplomats are involved in public relations events on and off campus and act as resource people regarding college policies, procedures, and programs to new and current students. The visibility, training, and experience gained as a Diplomat are invaluable assets in the professional development process.
The value of the Warrington Diplomats lies in their ability to create and reinvent ideas, programs and services which address the needs of undergraduate business students, alumni, and interested parties. All Warrington Diplomats have the opportunity to gain leadership experience and give back to the college by serving the Warrington community. New ideas and initiative are welcomed and will be integrated into the existing Warrington Diplomat services.
The Warrington Diplomats serve the college by giving tours to prospective students, hosting college events, planning events and Leadership Ventures, and interacting with current students during Diplomat Office Hours.
- Attend Meetings on Tuesday nights at 6:15pm (2-3 per month)
- Serve on one Committee
- Devote 2-6 hours peer week to trainings, meetings, tours, and other responsibilities. The schedule of a Warrington Diplomat changes throughout the semester where there are some weeks, you will be working much more than 2-6 hours (Heavener Career Week), and some weeks there will be less time commitments.
- Willingness to help with any task and be a leader, representing the Warrington College of Business to the best of your ability
- Take initiative in all areas of program
- Rising Junior, Senior, or graduate business or accounting major
- Minimum 3.3 overall UF GPA
As much as possible, prepare the following materials before beginning the application to help avoid a GatorLink login time-out:
- Online Application Questions
It is recommended you save your answers in a Microsoft Word document to avoid technical difficulty.
- Cover Letter
- Portrait (no more than 2MB)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
Applicants are required to have two recommendations. Letters must be submitted by the application deadline via email. Late recommendations will not be accepted. One recommendation must come from a Warrington Faculty or Staff member. Warrington Faculty/Staff recommenders have the option of submitting a traditional letter, or completing a recommendation form.
Opens: Tuesday February 6, 2018
Closes: Friday March 2, 2018 at noon