Judy Fisher Teaching with Technology Award
In memory of the contributions of Dr. Judy Fisher to our teaching and learning environment, and to ensure that we continue to improve upon our current progress, the College has set up the Judy Fisher Teaching with Technology Award. Dr. Judy Fisher joined the College in January 2001 as an Instructional Technologist. She was the first person to bridge the gap between the faculty and the technology staff. Judy’s PhD in Instructional Technology coupled with over 25 years of business consulting in instructional design enabled her to have a profound effect on teaching with technology. This award is given to the faculty member who has best exemplified teaching using technology over the past year. The Teaching & Learning Center participates in identifying faculty who are using technology to engage students in interactive learning experiences based on sound pedagogical teaching and learning goals.
- The technologies used engage students in interactive learning experiences based on sound pedagogical teaching and learning goals.
- Interaction is encouraged for student to student, student to instructor and student to content.
- The technologies used encourage students to be active learners.
- A variety of appropriate technology tools are used to facilitate communication and learning.
- The selection and use of media and technology are integrated with the course content.
- The technologies used are either provided or easily obtained.
- Instructions on how to use the technology resources are sufficient and easy to understand.
- Candidates for the award are nominated by the Academic Unit Heads and Program Directors based on information contained in their annual reports and teaching portfolios. More than one person may be nominated from a department or a unit.
- The name of the nominee along with a copy of the section of their annual report relating to teaching activities is sent to the Director of the Teaching & Learning Center.
- The Director and the Chair of the College’s Instructional Resources Committee will review the submissions and select the three that best exemplify the award criteria by evaluating the submissions based the Innovative Teaching with Technology section of the “Technology Innovation Rubric.”
- An overview of the teaching innovations of the finalists will be compiled by the Director and a Teaching with Technology Spotlight will be distributed to all faculty and staff to showcase the work of these individuals.
- A presentation of their work will be given by the Director to the College’s IR committee who will select the award winner.
- The award will be presented annually during January. The amount of the award is $1000.00.
- 2016 – Dr. Amanda Phalin Video | Press Release
- 2015 – Dr. Michelle Darnell Video | Press Release
- 2015 – Dr. Liangfei Qiu Video | Press Release
- 2014 – Dr. Paul Madsen Video | Press Release
- 2013 – Dr. Aditi Mukherjee Video | Press Release
- 2012 – Dr. Dorothy McCawley Video | Press Release
- 2011 – Dr. Fiona Barnes Video | Press Release
- 2010 – Dr. Craig Tapley Video
- 2009 – Dr. Victoria Dickinson Video
- 2008 – Dr. Sanford Berg and Dr. Subhajyoti Bandyopadhyay