University of Florida
About the University of Florida:
You belong at a university that’s leading the way. As the University of Florida continues its quest to become one of the nation’s top public research universities, we need qualified, career-minded individuals like you to make that goal a reality.
Gators take care of each other. If you decide to make the move to UF, we want to keep you around. That’s why we offer a competitive salary, an ideal work/life balance, a generous benefits package and the security of knowing that setting our goals high means there is always a lot of work to be done.
With our land, sea and space grants, we have been entrusted with a responsibility to educate, research and serve. These grants fuel our commitment to making a greater difference. One felt not only by the citizens of Florida, but around the world.
At the University of Florida, we are a people of purpose. We’re committed to challenging convention and ourselves. We see things not as they are, but as they could be. And we strive for a greater impact – one measured in people helped and lives improved.
The University of Florida is recruiting a Purchasing Agent (internally titled Procurement Agent II) to join their team in Gainesville.
Here are some common functions of the role:
- Reads/edits vendor-provided contracts included with electronic requisitions and ‘agreement intake’ forms.
- Checks electronic requisitions for proper descriptions, funding source, vendor, account numbers and justifications.
- Ensures requisitions are in compliance with UF purchasing regulations and policies, relevant State and Federal purchasing statutes and rules as well as best business practices.
- Reviews sole source forms prior to Associate or Director approval.
- Edits, researches and helps draft specifications for Invitations to Bid (ITB) for annual contracts Researches potential vendors (including small and disadvantaged businesses) for solicitation response.
- Confers with using departments regarding current and future requirements and recommends appropriate acquisition method. Solicits and evaluates vendor price quotations.
- Participates in team-related vendor business review meetings.
- Promptly answers phone and email inquiries from university personnel and vendors concerning general purchasing questions, purchasing policy, best practice, bid specifications and resolving purchase-order or requisition-related issues.
- Maintains high level of customer service
- Maintains expertise in assigned commodity areas by reading, attending courses and workshops, and engaging with university stakeholders, technical representatives, manufacturer’s representatives and sales staff.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Degrees in Business, Public Administration or Supply Chain Management.
- Professional procurement/purchasing certification (ISM, NIGP) is preferred and encouraged within two years of position assignment.
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Previous buying experience of services.
- Strong customer services skills.
- Strong computer skills: MS Office suite.
Qualities of someone that would enjoy this role:
- Must enjoy working in a team environment and being a team player.
- Should have an interest in learning about public procurement, mitigating risk and reducing cost to obtain best value. Able to handle multiple priorities.
- Understands impact of daily routine work on larger processes.
- Strong communicator.
The University of Florida has partnered with Another Source, an external recruitment firm, to assist in the hiring process. Please apply on the Another Source Careers Site to be considered.
Deadline to Apply: March 5, 2018