Pricing for Sustainability Course
Online Training for Utility Regulators, Policy Makers, and Infrastructure Professionals
Build your foundation for difficult utility pricing decisions! Learn from experts and exchange experiences and best practices with peers through the latest in Internet technology.
The course Pricing for Sustainability is designed to introduce engineers, lawyers, and other professionals to the sustainability concepts important for designing prices in infrastructure industries. When implemented, these prices can promote a cleaner environment, efficiency and sound finances. In addition, the course will show how to minimize potential inefficiencies associated with cross-subsidies and programs addressing environmental externalities. This foundational material will help decision-makers develop prices that promote financial and environmental sustainability, while encouraging efficiency and fairness.
At the conclusion of the course, you will be able to:
- Outline the economic principles that apply to the pricing of infrastructure services
- Identify the economic realities of promoting sustainability
- Explain how prices impact efficiency, as reflected in consumer values and producer costs
- Contrast pricing in competitive and monopolized markets
- Describe pricing techniques utilized in infrastructure industries, including price discrimination, multi-part pricing, peak-load pricing, and multi-product pricing
- Evaluate the effectiveness of different pricing options in achieving corporate and regulatory objectives