Professional Development Day is a day-long event dedicated to the career development of our students. This day consists of several career development sessions delivered by corporate executives, a wide range of industry and functional sessions for our students to gain valuable career information, and valuable Q&A sessions with our students.
Students attending this event will be representing the entire Warrington College of Business, including our Heavener School of Business (undergraduate business students), Hough Graduate School of Business (Specialty Master and MBA students), and Fisher School of Accounting (both undergraduate and graduate students). These include:
- Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting
- Master of Accounting
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of International Business
- Master of Science in Information Systems and Operations Management
- Master of Science in Entrepreneurship
- Master of Science in Finance
- Master of Science in Management
- MS Marketing Program
- Master of Science in Real Estate
Goals and Objectives
There are three main goals we hope to achieve with this event:
To help students become better prepared for the all important Fall Recruiting and Interviewing Season by introducing them to different industries and functions that they would like to explore further, along with the ability to meet and network with several career professionals in those fields.
To allow them to better understand their strengths and weaknesses via direct and constructive feedback from corporate representatives in a low-risk environment.
To deliver a unified message to students from Corporate Executives and Recruiters regarding the current state of the economy, give them an idea of the competition in today’s marketplace, and provide them with advice on how they can effectively “sell” themselves.