@ the Jeff Gold Experiential Learning Laboratory
The Gator Hatchery is a Student Incubator that offers student entrepreneurs workspace, office support, mentors and other resources necessary for a startup to succeed faster. Hatchery businesses will have access to the Entrepreneurship Center’s network of individuals, companies and other resources fledgling companies may find valuable. Let us help you grow your hatchling idea into a bull gator!
Hatchery residents will be priority clients for the UF Entrepreneur Law Clinic (corporate and transactions) and the A2 Fab Lab, which provides services and equipment for prototyping and 3D printing.
- Free office space
- Business mentoring & support
- Peer to peer networking
- Legal advice from UF Entrepreneurship Law Clinic
- Conference room
- File storage
- Shared environment
- Shared office equipment
- Open to all students at UF!
How to Apply
Student entrepreneurs interested in becoming Gator Hatchery residents are encouraged to fill out the application form and either email a scanned copy to Nola Miyasaki or deliver a physical copy to the Entrepreneurship Center front desk, located in Bryan Hall, room 133. Following the application, candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To qualify, applying startups must have a completed business plan.
Students that pass either application process will be awarded a residency for one year. In turn for the support received from the Gator Hatchery and the Entrepreneurship Center, residents must meet their agreed upon milestones to move their businesses forward.
Gator Hatchery News
- 01.2019: Gator Hatchery Grad BehaviorMe Named Finalist for 2019 SXSW Pitch Competition
- 10.2017: Cocovana wins top prize, Scubotics takes the People’s Choice Award at the Get Started Gainesville Pitch Competition
- 08.2017: Reitz Retail Hatchery Re-opens for the 2017-18 School Year
- 04.2017: Band.it, Phlex, Scubotics, and Revolt Bikes named as winners for the 2017 Big Idea Gator Business Plan Competition. See the Big Idea website for more information.
- 08.2016: Gator Hatchery Opens Reitz Retail Hatchery store
- 06.2016: Knack receives funding to start their business
- 05.2016: Knack, Dycap, Atheris Games, and Cryogenic Power named as winners for the 2016 Big Idea Gator Business Plan Competition. See the Big Idea website for more information.
- 05.2016: Dycap is accepted into the Tech Wildcatters Accelerator
- 02.2016: Livingua is accepted into the Travel Labs Accelerator
- 02.2016: Gator Hatchery student entrepreneurs Sheldon Barrett of Cocovana and Armand Sepulveda of Dycap Media Solutions, were selected by Future Founders to be part of its Future Founders Startup accelerator program. Read the press release: Future Founders Names 18 Entrepreneurs to National Fellowship Cohort.
- 11.2015: Cocovana places in Top 6 Finalists at National CEO Pitch Competition held in Kansas City, Missouri
- 10.2015: Holeshot Heroes launched its Kickstarter Campaign for first game Cul de Sac Conquest. To make a donation, go to Kickstarter campaign: Cul-De-Sac Conquest – Card Game.
- 10.28.2015: Knack wins 3rd place in GAIN Shootout, competing against 16 teams
- 10.26.2015: Livingua selected to pitch at Cox Business Pitch Competition
- 06.2015: Knack wins Pitch Competition at the Thiel Foundation Summit in San Francisco on June 6-7, 2015
- 05.2015: SWIPE lead by Alex Cohen raises pre seed capital, graduates to Skyward Capital incubator in Gainesville
- 04.2015: LOKIRE takes 3rd place in 2015 Big Idea Competition