A Midwesterner by birth and upbringing, Mr. Foerster earned an English undergraduate degree at Haverford College in 1963 and an MBA in Management Information and Control at the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School in 1971. Sandwiched between these academic pursuits were seven years of active duty as a commissioned officer in the U.S. Navy, followed by twenty years in the Naval Reserve with retirement as a Captain. He spent 23 years with five different Wall Street firms from 1972-1994 (Birr, Wilson; H.C. Wainwright; Warburg Paribas Becker/A.G. Becker; PaineWebber; and Lehman Brothers) in increasingly senior positions in equity and fixed income capital markets. He also played an active role in industry affairs as Chairman of both the SIA Syndicate and the NASD Corporate Financing committees and the SIA New York district. In 1995, Mr. Foerster founded South Beach Capital, as a corporate financial advisory firm, and served as an independent director of the Pilgrim group of mutual funds, as a non-industry governor of the Philadelphia Stock Exchange and as a director of several public and private companies. In April 1999 his firm merged with a Milwaukee broker- dealer, Collopy & Company Inc., to become South Beach Capital Markets Inc.—a Miami investment bank/broker-dealer. In January 2004 Bruce became CFO of Aurora Capital, Inc., a fully integrated sub-prime automotive finance company in Sunrise, Florida. He also serves as Placement Director for the Master of Science in Finance Program at the University of Florida's Warrington College of Business. Mr. Foerster lectures and speaks on corporate governance and ethics, conducts an expert witness practice and is an NASD arbitrator.
- MBA - Management Information and Control, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Finance and Commerce, 1971
- AB - English, English, 1963
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Ethics
In The News
- Should we worry about the federal deficit? — May 3, 2016 — The Hough Graduate School of Business hosted its annual Capitalism and Capital Markets panel discussion sponsored by BB&T Foundations of...
- Publishing giants speak in graduate finance class — April 23, 2008 — Gainesville, Fla. – Norman Pearlstine (Senior Advisor, The Carlyle Group, and former editor-in-chief of Time Inc. and The Wall Street Jour...
Last 3 years
- Capitalism (FIN6296)
Last 5 years
- Committee Member, FINRA Dispute Resolution, Inc. Board of Arbitrators — 1996 to 2018
- Editor, Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association: Capital Markets Handbook — 1999 to 2018
Last 5 years
Capital Markets Handbook
Status: PublishedPublished Year: 2018Author: Bruce Foerster