Dr. Callahan has spent more than 30 years teaching and helping businesses understand and improve organizational development. She has expertise in adult learning and corporate universities, staffing, compensation, succession planning, strategic and business planning, and negotiation. She has helped organizations develop and rollout programs. Judy understands the importance of sales--viewing it as everyone’s job. She believes everyone should use the basic principles of project management to propose or implement a program. She has published in the areas of aging and work issue, measurement, and staff development. Judy earned a Master’s of Business Administration in Finance from the University of Maryland and a Ph.D. in Management and Statistics from the same institution. She currently holds the position of Senior Lecturer in the Warrington College of Business where she teaches graduate students negotiation, creativity, organizational development, and organizational behavior. Her research interests include leadership and negotiations
- PhD - Management and Statistics, University of Maryland, 1994
- MBA - Finance, University of Maryland, 1990
- BA - Liberal Arts, University of Maryland, 1982
- Organizational Development
- Organizational Behavior
- Groups and Teams
- Leadership and Strategy
In The News
- Worried about online courses? Warrington faculty share tips for students learning online — July 24, 2020 — The COVID-19 pandemic has brought significant changes to our lives. While teaching courses online might be new for some, at the Warrington C...
- Warrington management department ranked No. 1 in research productivity per capita for a second time — March 6, 2019 — GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Once again, the management department at the University of Florida Warrington College of Business ranked No. 1 for res...
- Low female C-suite representation isn’t because of a ‘glass ceiling,’ rather a choice to ‘lean out,’ according to new research — January 2, 2019 — GAINESVILLE, Fla. – On the 2018 Fortune 500 list, you’ll find a number of impressive leaders of some of the most successful companies...
- Lecturers awarded College’s graduate teaching honor — March 22, 2016 — GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Lecturers Judy Callahan and Jim Parrino received the College’s 2015-16 Graduate Teaching Awards. The Graduate Teachi...
Last 3 years
- Art and Science Negotia (MAN6447)
- Art and Science of Negotiation (MAN6447)
- Creativity (MAN6930)
- Creativity and Innovation (MAN6930)
- Creativity in Entrepr (ENT6616)
- Negotiations (MAN6446)
- Organization Behavior (MAN5245)
- Organizational Behav (MAN5246)
- Primitive Leadership & Dec Mak (MAN6930)
Last 3 years
Phd Students Advised
- Katy Robinson — 2022
Last 5 years
- Board of Directors, Triangle Club Gainesville Florida — 2016 to 2019
Last 5 years
Journal Article Publications
Gender differences in executive job acceptance and desirability: A policy capturing approach.
Status: AcceptedJournal: Journal Of Management and Marketing ResearchPublished Year: 2019Author: Judith Callahan
Exploring the boundaries of servant leadership: A meta-analysis of the main and moderating effects of servant leadership on behavioral and affective outcomes
Status: AcceptedJournal: Journal of Managerial IssuesPublished Year: 2019Authors: David Kiker, Judith Callahan, Mary Kiker