March 9 OMBA Memo
From: John Gresley, Assistant Dean and Director, UF MBA
Continuity Planning: OMBA April End/Beginning of Term
Good Afternoon All,
As we work through the evolving COVID-19 situation the MBA staff is proactively preparing to maintain operations for our students across the board. We know as well as anyone of the WCB’s demonstrated competency in delivering a high quality MBA experience online and without physical requirements. To be clear: UF has not made or hinted at any decisions to suspend operations. However, because we are experts at this we do not want to be caught off guard.
You are scheduled to meet with an Online MBA cohort in April. It is reasonable to assume some students will not be able to participate as planned due to a variety of reasons. In an effort to maintain consistency as well as sensitivity, we do not want to get into the business of evaluating the nuances or legitimacy of someone’s decision to attend or not attend a large gathering that may or may not include airline travel. Now is an opportune time to prepare as much complementary online content as is feasible.
The MBA and Teaching and Learning Center staffs are willing and able to support you in preparing for disruption. Please consider the following list and take whatever actions you deem necessary to be prepared to assist if students cannot attend or campus is closed:
- Content Delivery, Meetings, and General Interaction:
- Familiarize yourself with MyMediasite and Zoom to provide lecture content and office hours for coursework (The TAC can help)
- Familiarize yourself with Canvas discussions for any interactive or discussion-based course requirements (TLC can help)
- Testing and Proctoring:
- ProctorU is the preferred proctoring solution of the MBA Program, the platform has been advised to expect additional use, and the MBA program will cover any costs incurred by students needing to take an exam on this platform.
- If you are not familiar with ProctorU please set up a meeting with your TLC Instructional Designer
- Please make sure you have an exam created and ready to be delivered via ProctorU – TLC can assist if you do not
- Make an appointment now to maximize your chances of getting the exam solution you prefer. If you wait and the entire college is needing this solution your options may be limited.
We will keep you in the loop about messaging to students but we ask for your flexibility and understanding to help manage this situation. More information will certainly be forthcoming as we get closer to the meeting date and as the COVID-19 situation evolves. My team as well as Meg’s are here to support you and to make the student experience as straightforward as possible. We appreciate your willingness to partner with us on this initiative which will help in our current landscape while supporting our long term continuity plan as well. Please reach out to either one of us or the team member you work with if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you in advance.