Locating Your Group and Self-Sign Up
Not all courses allow group self-sign up.
- To find your group in a class that uses groups, navigate to the course site of that particular course and click ‘People’ on the left-hand side.
- Select the ‘Groups’ tab. Here you will see all the groups in that course.
- If a course allows you to self-sign up, you will see ‘Join’ next to each individual group.
Note: not all courses allow you to join your own group (self-sign up) and some groups will have a max number of students allowed in each group. You will not be able to join a group that has reached capacity.
- After you have clicked ‘Join’, you will see ‘Leave’ next to the group you are currently in and ‘Switch To’ next to the other groups you can switch to. Choose ‘Leave’ to be removed from all groups and choose ‘Switch To’ to change groups.
- Each group in a course has its own group page for that course. You can find that unique group page by clicking ‘Visit’ next to the group name you are currently a part of (under People > Groups tab) or you can click on Groups Icon on the left-most dark blue navigation menu.
Note: this option will display All the group you are in and were a part of in previous semesters.
- On the unique Group page, you can locate which course the selected group is a part of and you can access group discussions for that course by clicking ‘Discussions’ on the left hand side.