Adding Teaching Assistants with Manage Users
Note: If you use Google Chrome or Safari and receive an error message when you access Manage Users, try using Firefox instead.
- To add a TA through Canvas, click Manage Users on the left navigation bar.
- If you do not see Manage Users on the left navigation bar, go to Settings in the same navigation bar. Select the Navigation tab at the top and drag Manage Users from the bottom list to the top list.
- Make sure to Save your changes when you are done! Manage Users should now appear on the left navigation bar when you return to the Home page.
- In Manage Users, select the Add Users tab. If the Manage Users page is taking too long to load, reload your browser. Similarly, if you are prompted to select your course from a list of courses, also reload your browser.
- Type or paste the TA’s UFID into the space provided. Make sure the INIT section and TA role are selected. You can add multiple UFIDs (separated by commas) at the same time. Click Next when you have completed this step.
Note: The ‘TA’ role has the same privileges as the instructor. The ‘Non-grading TA’ role has no access to the Gradebook, Conversations, Discussions and People in the course site.
- Confirm the students you wish to add as TAs and click Add Users to finish.