The Warrington College of Business is dedicated to delivering a transformational business education for students in all programs. As we move forward in these unprecedented times, we are committed to providing the safest experience possible for our students, faculty and staff. We will continue to lead and innovate to provide an immersive student experience.
With that in mind, Warrington will be open for the fall 2020 semester. The following decisions have been made about class delivery:
- Undergraduate classes will be online.*
- Specialized master’s classes will be online, including Master of Accounting, Master of Science in Entrepreneurship, Master of Science in Finance, Master of Science in Information Systems and Operations Management, Master of International Business, Master of Science in Management, Master of Science in Marketing and Master of Science in Real Estate programs.*
- International students who are required to meet physical presence requirement(s) will be provided face-to-face instruction in accordance with SEVP guidelines for Fall 2020.
- Professional MBA, Executive MBA, South Florida MBA, PhD and DBA programs will return to campus for in-person classes. There will also be an online option for students who prefer not to return to campus.
- Full-Time MBA will be on campus for their MBA-specific courses.
These decisions were made in collaboration with the university and UF Health. Warrington’s unique resources also give us the ability to prioritize the safety of all while still providing an in-depth student experience.
*=On-campus experiences such as teaching, advising, organizational meetings and building access are constantly evaluated by UF Health and Warrington leadership. Opportunities are being evaluated for fall 2020 under guidelines from UF and UF Health.
We Know Online
Online education isn’t new to Warrington. We are pioneers in online education as one of the first colleges to offer a fully accredited online MBA. Currently, the MBA program ranks No. 1 in the world for online interaction and No. 2 in the world for program delivery.
The same expertise that keeps the MBA program at the top of those rankings supports the rest of the college’s online experience. While many of our master’s offerings have world-renowned online components, the undergraduate experience is also very familiar with online classes.
Your Questions Answered
If you have more questions about Warrington’s reopening plan, visit our FAQ page for more information.
Fall 2020 Timeline
- August 31: First day of UF classes and beginning of Module 1
- September 7: Labor Day
- October 2-3: Homecoming
- October 16: End of Module 1
- October 26: Beginning of Module 2
- November 11: Veterans Day
- November 25-28: Thanksgiving Break
- December 18: Final Exams Completed and end of Module 2
UF Reopening Plan
Our Plan Forward – UF will strive to create a safer, healthier campus environment and continue its research and education missions.
As Gators, we have a tradition of pulling together and rising to meet major challenges with optimism and determination. I encourage all of us to look out for each other as we take care of ourselves. I am confident that our university community will meet this challenge.