Career & Academic Peer Mentors
Career & Academic Peer (CAP) Mentors specialize in providing Warrington students with peer-to-peer career development assistance in their search for great internship and job opportunities. Mentors have prior internship or full-time jobs at companies including such as Google, Procter & Gamble, Johnson and Johnson, AB InBev, Accenture, KPMG, and General Mills.
We are currently recruiting for new CAP Mentors.
- January 7, 2019 – Applications Accepted
- January 18, 2019 – Application Deadline
How the CAP Mentors Can Help You
- Identifying various internship acquisition strategies
- Developing LinkedIn profiles
- Relaying tips to engage corporate recruiters, especially at Career Showcase
- Creating resumes with a success and results orientation
- Professional mock interviewing
- Finding leadership opportunities within the University of Florida
The Career & Academic Peer (CAP) Mentor program was launched in Fall 2009 to assist students in finding internships. Thirteen students were hired in this inaugural mentor class with the intent to provide career services to their peers. Today, mentors provide over 1,100 one-on-one career advising appointments with business majors each semester. The first CAP mentor class laid the foundation for what would become a successful peer-to-peer career advising program and one of the top mentoring programs at the University of Florida