The World is Your Classroom...
The Heavener School of Business has developed a comprehensive array of international programs that provide students with the opportunity to live, learn, and study in another country for a semester or academic year. With the establishment of our sponsored programs to London, Madrid, Rome, and Paris, and our exchange programs in 22 countries, a record number of UF students are now preparing for the global economy through a study abroad experience. Our aim is to provide all students with the opportunity for a study abroad experience during their time at UF. Research has shown that students who study abroad are better equipped to take on new challenges, manage change and ambiguity, and maximize opportunity throughout their careers. Studying abroad is a pivotal event in a young person's life that impacts four specific areas: Personal Development, Academic Commitment, Intercultural Development, and Career Development.
- Increased self-confidence
- Catalyst for increased maturity
- Lasting impact on world views
- Enhanced interest in academic study and major
- Influenced subsequent academic experiences
- Reinforced commitment to foreign language study
- Helped to better understand personal cultural values and biases
- Sought and made more diverse friendships
- Created an appreciation for other lifestyles and cultures
- Acquired skill sets that influenced career path
- Added more substance to professional resume
- Students more likely to engage in international work or volunteerism after studying abroad