Center for Career & Leadership Development
The Center for Career and Leadership Development (CCLD) in the Heavener School of Business was created to provide undergraduate business students with more comprehensive services, beginning from the moment students are admitted to the University of Florida, through graduation.
The CCLD combines the services of the Academic Advising office and the Career and Leadership Programs office. In addition to the synergistic effects of having these offices in one location, students will be supported by academic, career, and leadership programming throughout their entire undergraduate experience.
The academic advising and career coaching team offers a host of dynamic services to current and prospective undergraduate students interested in studying business to establish sound academic and career plans. Our professional advisors promote personal, intellectual, and career growth as they assist students in navigating their academic and career development.
Academic advisors are organized into three coaching teams:
- Finance & Information Systems
- Marketing & Economics
- Management & General Studies
Each advisor is available to interact with students in a variety of ways:
- Walk-In Appointments – Advisors are available at least 30 hours each week during fixed hours to answer basic questions.
- Scheduled Appointments – Each academic advisor/career coach is available for 20-30 individual, 30 minute appointments each week, during which, students have the opportunity to discuss their personal academic and career development.
Career & Leadership
Career & Leadership Programs supports the personal and professional development of students through knowledge and experiential opportunities. CLP's primary goal is the development of meaningful relationships with undergraduate students through programs emphasizing the following principles: communication, teamwork, professionalism, commitment, leadership/management, self-awareness, career awareness, ethics, service, resource management, mentorship, followership, and values clarification.
Career & Leadership Programs provide opportunities for students to engage from their first year to their last year.
- Underclassmen: Warrington Welcome, Florida Leadership Academy, Business Undergraduate Mentorship Program (BUMP), and the Leadership Development Program.
- Upperclassmen: the Business Case Analysis Course, Enactus, the Student Organization Executive Board Retreat, Student Delegations to international and domestic case competitions, as well as professional and leadership development conferences.