Leadership Development Program
Intermediate Leadership Certificate
You must complete all the requirements for the Introductory Leadership Certificate before beginning the Intermediate Leadership Certificate
- Completion of BUL 4443 Ethics in Global Business and two additional courses/programs listed in the Academics Matrix
- Completion of one 150 hour internship or study abroad experience
- Completion of an additional fifteen hours of community service independently or through a registered service organization through the University of Florida (35 total)
Service for one year (Fall & Spring) in a student leadership position(s), in:
- Florida Leadership Academy Peer Mentor
- Business Undergraduate Mentoring Program Mentor
- Student organizations
- Student run programs (i.e. Gator Growl, Gator Student Investment Fund, Dance Marathon, etc.)
- Student Government (Elected & appointed Directors)
- First Year Florida peer leader (earns 1/2 year per semester taught)
- Trip Leader for Florida Alternative Breaks (earns 1/2 year per semester lead)
- Submission of Certificate of Completion, Career & Leadership Portfolio (examples of work from 3 of 4 categories above, Reflection of Learning Experiences paper, and critiqued resume). Additionally, the student will have to meet with a member of the Career & Leadership Programs staff.
Career & Leadership Portfolio
Examples of your work in the activities or courses you took for this level must be uploaded to your E-learning folder to demonstrate your learning. Examples of work you might include are papers, presentations, speeches, etc. Examples must come from 3 of the 4 categories in this level and must be submitted before turning in the Application of Certificate Completion.
The Reflection of Learning Experiences paper is an opportunity for you to look back at the experiences in which you engaged through this level of the program and examine what they mean for your personal and professional development while also looking ahead to what experiences you plan to pursue in the next stage of the program. This paper should be 3-4 pages, and must be turned in with the Application of Certificate Completion.