Leadership Development Program
Advanced Leadership Certificate & Dean's Leadership Fellows
You must complete all the requirements for the Intermediate Leadership Certificate before beginning the Advanced Leadership Certificate & Dean's Leadership Fellows
- Completion of one of the programs in the Advanced section of the Academics Matrix
- Completion of one additional 150 hour internship or study abroad experience (only one study abroad will count toward the Level 3 certificate)
Completion of an additional fifteen hours of community service (50 total): independently or through a registered service organization through the University of Florida
- Independently (as an individual)
- As a member of a University recognized service organization (registered with SAI or CLS)
- As a member of a student organization, but not performed as a condition of membership in that organization
Service for one year (Fall & Spring) in approved student leadership position(s), in:
- Florida Leadership Academy Peer Mentor
- Business Undergraduate Mentoring Program Mentor
- Student organizations
- Student run programs (i.e. Gator Growl, Gator Student Investment Fund, Dance Marathon, etc.)
- Student Government (Elected & appointed Directors)
- First Year Florida/Warrington Welcome peer leader (earns ½ year per semester taught)
- Trip Leader for Florida Alternative Breaks (earns ½ year per semester lead)
- Submission of Certificate of Completion, Career & Leadership Portfolio (examples of work from 3 of 4 categories above, Reflection of Learning Experiences and Future Value paper, and updated resume). Additionally, the student will have to meet with a member of the Career & Leadership Programs staff.
Career & Leadership Portfolio
Examples of your work in the activities or courses you took for this level must be uploaded to your E-learning folder to demonstrate your learning. Examples of work you might include are papers, presentations, speeches, etc.. Examples must come from 3 of the 4 categories in this level and must be submitted before turning in the Application of Certificate Completion.
The Reflection of Learning Experiences and Future Value paper is an opportunity for you to look back at the experiences in which you engaged through this level of the program and examine what they mean for your personal and professional development. In addition, you should explain how to your experiences in this program will enhance your future goals. This paper should be 5-6 pages, and must be turned in with the Application of Certificate Completion.
Recognition at annual SB Awards Ceremony