Business Undergraduate Mentorship Program
The Business Undergraduate Mentorship Program (BUMP) creates opportunities for new incoming students at the University of Florida and the School of Business to be guided through the many facets of University Life by an experienced student who is currently in their junior or senior year. BUMP focuses on developing the holistic student by creating opportunities for students to develop academically, professionally, and personally.
BUMP Programming Model
- Academic Success
- Navigating University Life
- Cultural Awareness
- Community Service
- Career Development
- Leadership Development
Learning Outcomes for Mentees
- Mentees will be integrated into an environment that promotes and fosters academic excellence.
- Mentees will learn how to navigate student life at the University of Florida under the guidance of their mentor and the BUMP programming model.
- Mentees will increase their intercultural consciousness through exposure to different student organizations and programs that promote and celebrate culture and diversity.
- Mentees will contribute to the greater University of Florida and Gainesville communities through community service.
- Mentees will be given opportunities to explore possible careers, develop professionally, and network with Warrington College of Business Administration faculty, staff, students, and partners.
- Mentees will enhance their leadership capabilities and skills through co-curricular experiences and through the guidance of their mentor.
Learning Outcomes for Mentors
- Mentors will learn about the mentoring process and gain skills that will contribute to their overall professional and personal development.
- Mentors will increase their leadership capabilities and skills by properly guiding a new business student through university life.
Important BUMP Dates
- January 25th – BUMP Mentor and Mentee Applications Due
- January 31st, 6:00pm, Bryan 232 – BUMP Social Speed Networking
- February 11, 6:00pm, Bryan 232 – BUMP Meeting
- February 17, 1:00pm, Lake Wauberg – BUMP Social Retreat
- February 28, 6:00pm, Bryan 232 – BUMP Meeting: Target Workshop
- March 26, 6:00pm, Bryan 232 – BUMP Meeting: Selling Yourself
- April 16, 5:30pm, Bryan 232 – Etiquette Cocktail Dinner and BUMP Banquet
Career & Leadership Programs
Email (dave.sullivan at warrington.ufl.edu)