General Undergraduate and Study Abroad Scholarships
The Warrington College of Business Administration’s Heavener School of Business offers two opportunities for students to apply for scholarships: in March for summer and fall semesters and again in October for spring semester awards. Over $45,000 in scholarships, in amounts ranging from $500 to $2,000, was awarded during this past year both to undergraduate business and Online Business program students and to students studying abroad.
All UF students who intend to study abroad on a WCBA sponsored program (London, Madrid, Paris or Rome) or business-only majors planning to participate on a college sponsored exchange program are eligible for the Study Abroad scholarships.
The same application is used for the General Undergraduate, the Online Business Program and the Study Abroad Scholarships. Students who are applying for Study Abroad scholarships must complete the section about their study abroad destination. All applicants must submit the following documents in hard copy format as a complete package by the deadline:
- Scholarship application which includes Academic Plan and Permission for Disclosure Form and Academic Plan
- Financial Aid Award Letter
Personal essay with a statement of purpose (1-2 pages, double-spaced)
- Indication of need for scholarship
- Outline of academic and career goals
- Description of study abroad plans and goals, if plans are to study abroad
Letter of recommendation
- Letter cannot be from a School of Business academic advisor or staff member who is serving on the scholarship selection committee.
- Additional essays (if applicable)
Many factors are used by the Scholarship Evaluation Committee in awarding scholarships, including donor-stipulated conditions, academic record, and/or financial need. If you meet one of the special donor-stipulated conditions as specified on the scholarship list, be sure to include this information in your application.
To apply for the School of Business Study Abroad, the Business Undergraduate or the Online Business program scholarships for the Spring 2014 term, please submit a complete scholarship application in hard-copy format to 133 Bryan Hall by 5 pm on Tuesday, October 1, 2013. Incomplete or late applications are not eligible to be considered for an award. Eligible students are:
- Undergraduate Business Majors (not accounting) enrolled full-time, a minimum of 12 credits per semester, for Spring 2014 (only);
- Online Business Program students enrolled four (4) or more credits for Spring 2014; and
- Study Abroad students participating in a School of Business program during Spring 2014 term
Email us (scholarships at warrington.ufl.edu) with any questions about our scholarships.