Transfer Admission Requirements
for On-Campus Degree Programs
The Heavener School of Business will admit on-campus transfer students on a space-available basis. Applicants must meet the minimum requirements below, but meeting those requirements does not guarantee admission. If you do not meet our on-campus GPA requirements, we encourage you to consider the UF Online Business Program which offers the same rigor and quality as our on campus degrees.
General Admission Requirements
The following outlines our general admission requirements. You do not have to complete all our admission requirements before you apply to UF, but you do have to complete them before you start your first semester. Business majors can start UF in the fall or spring semester. We no longer admit students in the summer to on-campus degree programs. If you have any questions about your eligibility for our program, we encourage you to email our Admissions Coordinator, Ms. Natasha Plunkett.
- Earn an AA or AS degree from a Florida community/state college or public university or 60+ transferable credit hours from an accredited university (if you did not earn an AA degree from one of these institutions, you may be required to take additional course work);
- Earn a minimum 3.0 cumulative (overall) GPA;
- You cannot have an institutional GPA under 2.0, unless transferred in as part of an AA degree;
- Fall 2013 or Spring 2014 semesters: Complete the seven required prerequisite business courses (see below) with a minimum 3.5 GPA. You can submit your application when you’ve completed four of these. At that point, if you’ve earned a 3.5 prerequisite GPA and have the remainder of the seven courses in progress, we will conditionally admit you to our school.
- Fall 2014 and Later: Complete the seven required prerequisite business courses (see below) with a minimum 3.7 GPA. You can submit your application when you’ve completed four of these, including Financial Accounting. At that point, if you’ve earned a 3.7 prerequisite GPA and have the remainder of the seven courses in progress, we will consider you for admission based on space availability, and may conditionally admit you to our school. This requirement must be met prior to the application deadline. If you do not have four of these courses completed, including Financial Accounting, and a 3.7 prerequisite GPA, then you must apply for a later term after meeting the requirement.
- Satisfy UF’s foreign language requirement, which calls for two years of the same language in high school or a minimum of eight credit hours in college. Equivalent testing credit through AP, IB, CLEP, or SAT2 exams is also acceptable.
If you have any questions about your eligibility for our program, please feel free to email our Admissions Coordinator, Natasha Plunkett.
Prerequisite Business Course Requirements
You must complete ALL seven of our prerequisite courses before you can enroll at UF.
|ECO 2013||Principles of Macroeconomics|
|ECO 2023||Principles of Microeconomics|
|CGS 2531||Problem Solving Using Computers|
|STA 2023||Introduction to Statistics|
|MAC 2233||Survey of Calculus|
|ACG 2021||Introduction to Financial Accounting|
|ACG 2071||Introduction to Managerial Accounting|
If your school does not use these exact course numbers, review our Preprofessional Course Equivalency Table to find the equivalent course(s) offered at your institution. If you took our prerequisite courses at a private or out-of-state school, check our Course Equivalency Database to determine if the courses have been deemed equivalent to ours. If the courses are not listed in the database, or if the course equivalencies have expired (see dates in far right column), you must complete a Preprofessional Course Equivalency Form and submit documentation for each of the prerequisite courses you took.
Note: It is not to your advantage to take junior/senior-level business courses at another school, as these courses will not count toward your UF business degree. If you have completed an equivalent junior/senior-level business course elsewhere (for example, Business Law or Principles of Management), we will require you to retake the course or take a higher-level course in the same subject area at UF and you will not earn additional college credit when repeating the course.
Prerequisite GPA Requirements
To be considered for admission, you must earn a minimum prerequisite Grade Point Average of 3.5, or 3.7 for Fall 2014 and later. This GPA is not for each course, but an average for all seven courses. Please note that UF does not offer grade forgiveness—when we calculate your prerequisite GPA, we will calculate all of your attempts at our prerequisite courses. If you earn a grade of "C" or higher in one of these courses, you cannot retake it to improve your GPA. Our GPA calculator can help you determine your preprofessional GPA.
Applying to the School of Business
For instructions on how to apply to the School of Business, review our transfer admission process page.