Faculty, Staff & Ph.D. Support
at the Dudziak-McClintock Business Technology Center
Information Technology Support Programs provides a wide range of technology services for faculty, staff and students. From computer systems, website services and media production, to specialized administrative applications and mailing lists, the ITSP supports the use of technology in the Warrington College of Business.
UF Policies & Standards
All faculty and staff must review and adhere to UF's Policies and Computing Standards, including Acceptable Use and Copyright Policies.
Accounts and Passwords
All UF faculty and staff must have a GatorLink account. Contact GatorLink by phone (352.392.4357) or visit the website.
UF Directory Profile
After you set up your GatorLink account, be sure to update your UF profile in myUFL under "My Account" and decide what is public/private information about you.
Technical Services can provide recommendations and information on computer hardware, software and peripheral purchases. Please submit a Help Ticket to obtain purchasing support.
Faculty & Ph.D. Personal Website Guidelines and Instructions on Warrington Servers
We can provide faculty web sites via WordPress. We will provide the site set up, a default faculty template and basic training. Please fill out the online Faculty web site request form to get started.
You may also request space on the "Bear" server.
What is BEAR? "BEAR" is a web server that provides space to Warrington Faculty and Graduate Students for individual or group access to publish content for use on the web.
Requesting BEAR Web Space
To request space on our BEAR web server, submit a Help Ticket. One of our Server Administrators will create a directory that can be accessed on our network (J: drive). Technical support is available to help set up this location on your computer. Please include the name of any individual(s) who will need access rights to your BEAR directory.
You may use any web building software you'd like to construct your website. The ownership, creation and management of the content is entirely the responsibility of each individual, not a service offered by the ITSP.
If you have questions about software or need quick assistance, contact ITSP by submitting a Help Ticket for a consultation.
Publishing Restrictions & Risks:
- Please review the FERPA guidelines and become certified.
- DO NOT post Social Security numbers - highly confidential and legally protected data. This includes part of, or the entire number.
- DO NOT post any university student identification numbers (UUID or UFID).
- BEAR content is public - any type of file you store in your folder can be accessed on the web even if no links to it exist. Please do not use this web space for storing files, especially private information (bank statements, tax records, etc).
- Periodic monitoring of data - ITSP staff will utilize a scanning tool to identify inappropriate content, such as Social Security Numbers. For each instance, the individual will be contacted and, if needed, data will be removed to comply with University policies.
In order to make grades available to students, you must use an authenticated, secure system. The preferred method for posting student grades is through the e-Learning System. To use the e-Learning System, you must request a course website by completing the Course Request Survey form.
Ownership of your BEAR content is entirely yours. Please backup your content periodically to avoid loss of data.
In the event of personnel leaving the Warrington College of Business, any content left in his/her BEAR directory will be deleted after departure. Data will not be available after an employee has left.
The BEAR server is backed up to tape, but data is only kept for 30 days. Providing historical data is not a service of this system and is utilized for catastrophe scenarios.