January, June, and August start dates available.
The Traditional Option allows business majors or minors to specialize their business education with a Master of Arts with a major in International Business.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution
- Business major or minor
- 3.0 upper division undergraduate GPA (U.S degrees only)
- Strong GMAT or GRE score
- Valid passport or visa
- No professional work experience required
We review each application holistically, and consider all applicants based on individual experiences and skills. There are no guaranteed admissions, even if the minimum requirements are met.
**International Application deadline for Fall 2014 extended until January 15, 2014. If you have any questions or concerns about meeting the deadline, please email us (jeff.alfred at warrington.ufl.edu).
|Start term||Complete file deadline (tests must be taken on or before the deadline)||Applicant can expect response by:|
|Early Deadline||Aug 1||Sep 1|
|International Deadline*||Aug 1||Oct 1|
|Traditional Deadline||Oct 1||Nov 15|
|Summer B (late June)|
|Early Deadline||Dec 1||Jan 15|
|International Deadline*||Dec 1||Apr 1|
|Traditional Deadline||Apr 1||May 1|
|Fall (late August)|
|Early Deadline 1||Jan 15||Mar 15|
|International Deadline*||Jan 1||Apr 1|
|Early Deadline 2||Apr 1||May 1|
|Traditional Deadline||Jun 1||Jul 1|
*The international applicant deadline is strict due to the significant amount of time required for the UF Office of Admissions to review foreign credentials and for the UF International Center to issue the I-20 document to admitted students (required for student visa application).
If you cannot finalize your application under the deadline, please contact us to determine if we can accept late applications. Incomplete applications will be denied.
Admitted applicants will be asked to accept their admission offer within two weeks of receiving their offer letter.
Questions about application can be emailed to Jeff Alfred (jeff.alfred at warrington.ufl.edu).
Complete the online application and pay $30 application fee.
When selecting your program, please complete the information as follows:
- Intended term and year: Spring (January), Summer B (June) or Fall (August)
- Degree goal: Master's
- Program of study: International Business (listed under Business Administration)
Statement of Purpose Essay
The essay should be completed as part of the online application. Please emphasize:
- Your motivations for applying to the program
- Why you think you are a good candidate for the program
- How the program fits into your future goals
Use the essay as an opportunity to highlight what you think we cannot assess from the other application materials.
Ideal length is between 400-600 words.
Résumé or Curriculum Vitae (C.V.)
The resume helps us to get a complete picture of each applicant. Please elaborate on duties and responsibilities as well as leadership activities and time commitments outside of the classroom. Resume is not limited to one page.
Two letters of recommendation
A minimum of two recommendations from someone who has supervised the applicant (professor, employer, adviser, volunteer coordinators, etc.) are required.
To submit recommendations, list the name and contact information for your recommenders in the online application. Those individuals will then receive an automatic email, after you submit your online application.
Official undergraduate transcripts from all institutions attended are required.
Official transcripts from all institutions attended must be sent to:
1405 W. University Avenue, Room 219
Gainesville, FL 32611
UF undergraduates do NOT need to send copies of UF transcripts or those transcripts that are included in the UF transcript.
Official GMAT/GRE Test Scores for Graduate School Admission
We accept either GMAT or GRE test scores. We have no preference as to what test applicants choose to take. Test scores will be used as part of the holistic application review process.
GMAT: A score between 550-620 is considered good. The minimum required score is a 465. We do not consider the writing or integrated reasoning sections.
- Use code: J7Z-5J-64
- For more information on the GMAT, please visit Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT).
GRE: We consider a 302-308 (old scale: 1100-1200) a good score range; there is no UF mandated minimum GRE score. We do not consider the writing section.
International Applicants ONLY
International applicants are also required to submit the following materials:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) –minimum score: 80 internet-based
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) - minimum score: 6
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) - minimum score: 77
International applicants who took the GRE must also have scored a verbal section score of 140 or higher.
Applicants may be exempted from submitting a language test score if:
- They are citizens of a country where English is the official language. View a list of such countries.
- They have official proof of successfully completing the UF English Language Institute (ELI) prior to applying
- They have proof of spending at least one year as a full-time student at a college or university in a country where English is the official language. (Please note: time spent in ESL [English as a Second Language] programs does not qualify for this exemption.) View a list of such countries.
International applicants from non-US institutions are interviewed as part of the admissions process. Applicants are reviewed and those qualified applicants who are selected to interview will be invited by email. For those invited to interview, it is considered a mandatory part of the application process.
2014 In-person Interview Schedule (tentative):
- February 8-11, 2014: Beijing, China
- February 14-17, 2014: Shanghai, China
- February 19-20, 2014: Guangzhou, China
International applicants from other countries will be contacted to schedule an interview in early January 2014.
Diploma and Degree Certification
International applicants must submit a diploma and degree certification, in English and native language. Applicants who have not received their diploma must submit a letter from their institution stating the program of study and expected graduation date.
- TOEFL/IELTS/MELAB score