Congratulations on your decision to pursue your DBA. We look forward to reviewing your application. Below we have outlined program eligibility and requirements, as well as the application process. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Angie Holland (angie.holland at warrington.ufl.edu).
We review each application holistically, and consider all applicants based on individual experiences and skills. The admissions process is very selective. As such, there are no guaranteed admissions, even if the minimum requirements are met.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Master's degree from an accredited US institution or its international equivalent
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a managerial capacity
Application Process and Information
First-time applicants to any University of Florida Graduate program have a different application process from students who were ever, or are currently, enrolled as a Graduate student at UF. Please choose:
Non-UF Graduate Degree
First-time applicants to any UF Graduate program should go to the online application. In the program area select the following:
- Intended term and year: Fall (August) 2014
- Degree goal: Doctorate
- Program of study: Business Administration
As part of the online application, you will be required to submit the following:
Statement of Purpose Essay
Write your Academic Statement of Purpose. Use the essay as an opportunity to highlight what you think we cannot assess from the other application materials. Please emphasize:
- Your motivations for applying to the program
- Why you think you are a good candidate for the program
- How the program fits into your future goals
Résumé or Curriculum Vitae (C.V.)
The résumé/CV helps us get a complete picture of each applicant.
Two Letters of Recommendation
A minimum of two recommendations from someone who has supervised the applicant (professor, employer, adviser, volunteer coordinator, etc.) are required. List the name and contact information for your recommenders. Those individuals will receive an automatic email, after you submit your application online.
Please upload copies of your transcripts online. Transcripts from all institutions attended are required. UF graduates do NOT need to send copies of UF transcripts or those transcripts that are included in the UF transcript.
Self-Reported GPA Calculation
Please calculate your Self-Reported GPA per the fields in this section. Do NOT leave this section blank.
Official Test Scores
We may request copies of GRE/GMAT test scores for evaluation of candidacy. If needed, we will contact you directly for these scores. You may skip this question on the Admissions application.
International applicants are required to submit the following materials:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – minimum score: 80 internet-based
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) - minimum score: 6
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) - minimum score: 77
International applicants who took the GRE must also have scored a verbal section score of:
- 140 or higher if test taken after August 1, 2011
- 320 or higher if test taken before August 1, 2011
Applicants may be exempted from submitting a language test score if:
- They are citizens of a country where English is the official language. View a list of such countries.
- They have official proof of successfully completing the UF English Language Institute (ELI) prior to applying.
- They have proof of spending at least one year as a full-time student at a college or university in a country where English is the official language. (Please note: time spent in ESL [English as a Second Language] programs does not qualify for this exemption.) View a list of such countries.
- Diploma and Degree Certification
International applicants must submit a diploma and degree certification, in English and native language. Applicants who have not received their diploma must submit a letter from their institution stating the program of study and expected graduation date.
- TOEFL/IELTS/MELAB score
Current/Former UF Graduate Students
If you were *ever enrolled as a Graduate student at the University of Florida, you will need to submit an Application for Readmission to apply to the Doctor of Business Administration Program.
Complete the Application for Readmission and send it, with application fee, to the address on the form. When completing the form, please note, you’re applying to a Fall 2014 program in the College of Business and the Program/Major is DBA. The degree you seek is Doctor.
Send the following to Angie Holland (angie.holland at warrington.ufl.edu):
- a copy of the Application for Readmission
- statement of purpose
- two letters of recommendation
- transcripts from any non-UF institutions
*Applicants who are currently enrolled or attended the University of Florida within the last two semesters should contact Angie Holland directly for further instruction, as the application instructions will vary for these individuals.
If you have any questions about this, please contact Angie Holland (angie.holland at warrington.ufl.edu).
Candidates may be asked to interview prior to an admissions decision. Interviews are by invitation only.