Certificate in Global Management
*This certificate will be discontinued after Fall (December) 2014.
The Certificate in Global Management, offered by the Department of Management, requires that students complete 8 on-campus international business credits at the graduate level and at least 4 credits from an international study experience, to include short study tours. It is increasingly important that business students achieve a global perspective as they approach their lives and careers. To recognize students who pursue this goal successfully, the Hough Graduate School of Business offers a Certificate in Global Management. The Certificate is available to all Hough students. The Certificate is designed for the student who wants a stronger foundation in the international aspects of the managerial disciplines and an opportunity to attend a foreign business school or complete other international work to gain a practical global perspective. The Certificate is awarded upon completion of requirements.
Both requirements (A & B) must be met!
Successfully complete any four of the following on-campus courses, for a total of 8 minimum credits:
- BUL6852 International Business Law
- ECO5715 Open Economy Macroeconomics
- ECP6701 Competitive Strategy Export Markets
- ECS6423 Latin American Economics
- FIN6930 Emerging Markets in Finance
- FIN6638 International Finance
- FIN6608 Financial Management of the Multinational Corporation
- FIN6642 Global Entrepreneurship
- GEB6366 Fundamentals of International Business
- GEB6368 Globalization & Business
- GEB6930 Doing Business in Asia
- GEB6930 Risk & Crises Management
- GEB 6930 International Advertising
- LAS6295 Latin American Business Environment
- MAN6635 International Human Resource Management
- MAN6636 Global Strategic Management
- MAN6617 International Operations & Logistics
- MAR6157 International Marketing
NOTE: Some of the above courses are not approved to count toward the MBA degree! Some of the above courses are not offered in a particular year.
Successfully complete at least four UF graduate credit hours from an approved international (non-U.S.) exchange/study abroad program or study tour. This requirement may be fulfilled through the 30+ graduate exchange programs that the Warrington College of Business Administration has established throughout the world (full term and short summer programs are available); through week-long study tours, or through other approved international activity such as research.
Apply to Certify Your Certificate
*Attention students interested in pursuing a Certificate in Global Management: the process for registering for the certificate has changed. You will no longer be given priority registration for certificate courses. Each module you will be able to register for certificate courses during regular course registration, no exceptions.
To receive the certificate, you must apply for the certificate in ISIS by the UF degree application deadline (in your graduating term). The certificate will be awarded once all credits are completed with a “C” or better. The certificate will appear on your UF transcripts. Students who do not apply for the certificate by the UF certificate/degree application deadline will not receive the certificate.
- To apply for the certificate, go to ISIS
- On the left-hand menu, select My Record, then select Certificate/Degree Application