Development and Alumni Affairs
Alumni in the News
06.03.2013David Triassi (BSBA ’12, MSE ’13) was named to the Academic All-District IV First Team by the Capital One Academic All-America® program.
05.30.2013Larysa Switlyk (BSAc ’07, MAcc ’07) will appear in two television shows devoted to the outdoors this summer.
05.24.2013Chrislynn Freed (BSAc ’80) was named a recipient of The California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA) 2013 Outstanding Educator Award.
05.21.2013Susan H. Hines (BSBA ’87) was named Vice President and Trust Officer of Caldwell Trust Company
05.20.2013Jordan B. Taylor (MAcc ’03, JD ’06) Named to Board of Directors of Temple Beth AM Day School
05.10.2013Hillary Femal (MBA ’10) has risen from Marketing Coordinator to Director of Strategic Market Development at IFCO Systems Inc.
05.08.2013Mike Freedman (BSBA ’91), CEO of Airocide LLC, was profiled by The Florida Times-Union about his company’s innovative filterless air purifiers.
05.07.2013Nathan S. Collier (BSBA ’74, MBA ’78, JD ’82) was recognized by Real Estate Forum as a leader in the student housing industry.
05.03.2013Ken Still (MBA ’96) was named Chief Financial Officer of Bob Jones University (S.C.) effective May 27.
05.03.2013Marshall Criser III (BSBA ’80) received the Governor’s Business Ambassador Award from Florida Governor Rick Scott.
04.29.2013Michael Wyers (BSAc ’88) has been appointed the new Chief Financial Officer of Medical Center of Trinity.
04.01.2013Brian Krogol (MAcc ’11) was one of only 39 candidates from a pool of more than 92,000 that met the criteria for the AICPA Elijah Watt Sells Award.
03.19.2013Danny Simon’s (MAcc ’03) law firm Lalchandani Simon was profiled by Daily Business Review for being one of South Florida’s emerging boutique law firms.
03.06.2013Scott Carrell (MSM ’02, MA ’02, Ph.D. ’03) and Mark Hoekstra (Ph.D. ’06) received the 2012 IZA Young Labor Economist Award for their award-winning paper analyzing children, domestic violence and education. Read the paper
02.28.2013Certified Financial Planner and finance scholar Dr. Sid Mittra (Ph.D. ’62) has published his memoir, “Yes the Bee Can Fly.”
02.26.2013Kim Taylor (BSBA ’08), Vice President and Partner of Curley & Pynn Public Relations, was elected President of the Orlando Rowing Club.
01.28.2013Kent Bjorklund (MBA ’08) was named Chief Performance Officer of All Star Vacation Homes, a vacation rental hospitality leader.
01.25.2013Frank R. Hammond, Jr. (BSAc ’84) joins Cantor Fitzgerald & Co. as a Managing Director focused on institutional sales and structured products.
01.15.2013Andy Glick (BSAc ’85) followed his entrepreneurial spirit, and it paid off as he now owns prime real estate on the East Coast.
01.11.2013Alan M. Levine (MBA ’93), a member of the University of Florida’s Board of Trustees, was appointed to the Board of Governors of the State University System.
01.09.2013Gary S. Titus (BSBA ’82) was named to the Board of Directors of ImmunoCellular Therapeutics, which develops immune-based therapies for brain and other cancer treatments.
01.02.2013Ben F. Overton (BSBA '51), a former Florida Supreme Court Chief Justice, passed away of complications from heart surgery. He was 86.
11.27.2012Davis Rembert (BSBA, '63) and his wife, Judi, were recipients of the 2012 E.T. & Vam York Service Above Self Award from the Rotary Club of Gainesville.
11.13.2012Beau Beery (BSBA '98), a member of the advisory board for the Kelley A. Bergstrom Center for Real Estate Studies, was named to Real Estate Forum's 40 Under 40.
10.29.2012John Janick, Jr. (BSBA '01) was named President and Chief Operating Officer of Interscope Geffen A&M.
10.09.2012Alumnus John S. Tiffin (BSBA '86, JD '89) named Senior Vice President and Chief Fiduciary Officer at Enterprise Trust.
09.24.2012Alumnus Justin Jackrel (BABA '05) to be honored at White House
09.13.2012Mike Pearson (BABA '01), a former All-American offensive lineman who played for Florida from 1999 to 2001, will be inducted into the UF Athletic Hall of Fame in April.
09.11.2012The Community Foundation of Sarasota County further strengthens its management team with the appointment of Laura Spencer (BSAc '86) as Chief Financial Officer.
09.02.2012Scott Bowling (BSBA '91) was named Branch Manager (Orlando) at Real Estate Mortgage Network, Inc., one of the largest, privately held non-bank lenders in the U.S.
09.02.2012Nick Banks (BSBA '90), Managing Director and Founder of Front Street Commercial Real Estate Group, was profiled in Sunday's issue of The Gainesville Sun.
08.15.2012Dan DuPree (BSBA '69), a member of Warrington's Business Advisory Council, was named Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors for Preferred Apartment Communities, Inc.
07.23.2012Tim Giuliani (MBA '09) was hired as President and Chief Executive Officer of the Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce.
07.19.2012UF alumnus, Will Frazer (BSAC ’80), continues legacy of success at Buchholz High.
06.22.2012Dr. Pamela Davies (BSBA '78), President of Queens University (N.C.), received the 2012 Lifetime Achievement Award at the 16th Annual Women in Business Awards Luncheon sponsored by the Charlotte Business Journal.
06.18.2012Nick Giovanni (BSBA '09) hired as a reporter for KPRC Local 2 in Houston.
06.12.2012William (MBA '48) and Hazel Hough provided a $2 million gift to the Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg.
06.12.2012West Florida Healthcare announced the appointment of Brian Baumgardner (MBA '93) as Chief Executive Officer effective July 9.
06.08.2012Roetzel is proud to announce that Thomas P. Wert (BSBA '86), a partner in the firm's Orlando office, has been appointed to the Executive Committee and as Treasurer of Florida Citrus Sports.
06.07.2012CommerceTel Corporation today announced that Ronald Linares (BSBA '85) has joined its board of directors effective immediately.
06.05.2012Miami Dade College President Dr. Eduardo J. Padron (Ph.D. Economics, '70) awarded an honorary degree from Princeton University.
06.04.2012Nipro Diagnostics, Inc. today announced Dean Sorrentino (BSAc '95) has joined the company as Chief Financial Office
- Thomas Ball (BSBA '89)
- Greg Best (BSBA '94)
- C. David Brown (BSBA '73, JD '78)
- J. Hyatt Brown (BSBA '59)
- Robert P. Crouch (BSAC '91)
- Thomas M. Donegan, Jr. (MBA '12)
- Gary Dumas (BSBA '81)
- Katherine A. Dunleavy (BSBA '75)
- Bland Eng (MBA '95)
- Jeff Gaul (BSBA '94) appointed Sr Vice President, Real Estate at Chico's FAS Inc.
- Jeffrey Gold (MBA '78)
- Chris Hazelwood (BSAc '05, MAcc '05)
- Chris Hazelwood (BSAc '05, MAcc '05)
- James M. Heaney (MBA '88)
- William K. Heiden (BSBA '82)
- Frank M Hunt, II (BSBA '50)
- Jeff Kiel (BSAc '81)
- Beth R. Kigel (BSBA '90)
- Ron Kozlin (BSAc '91)
- Susan Lang (BSBA '83)
- Robert E. Lewis (BSAc '82)
- Scott D. Makar (MA Economics '82, MBA '82, Ph.D. Economics '93)
- Timothy Mann (BSAc '87)
- Monica Manolas (MBA '99)
- Paul Manry (MAcc '00, MSBA-Finance '02)
- George McGourty (MBA '11)
- Mike Meeks (MBA '12)
- Joelen Merkel (BSBA-Accounting '73)
- Joe Mullany
- Dan Muller (MBA '03)
- Fred Nelson (BSAc '07, MAcc '07)
- Mark E. Patten (BSAc '86)
- Huey Richardson (BS Economics '90)
- Ann Sung Ruckstuhl (MBA '92)
- Stephen Saft (BSAc '94, MAcc '94)
- Dilek Samil (MBA '79)
- Jordan Siegel (BSBA '87)
- Sean Simpson (MBA '02)
- Barbra A. Stern (BSBA '96)
- Michael J. Stiglitz (MAcc '96)
- Harley Storrings (BSBA '01)
- Monica L. Wilson (BSBA '07)
- Carl Zeithaml (MBA '74)
- Brent Zimmerman (BSBA '01)
- Beth Angelo (BSBA '89)
- Randy Bambrough (Post-Doctoral Bridge, '10)
- E. Hunter Beebe (BSBA '98)
- Alexander Cahlin (BSBA '10)
- Susan Cameron (BSBA '80)
- Susan Cameron (BSBA '80) and Charles B. Edwards (BSBA '65)
- Nick Cassala (BSAC '82)
- Suzanne Christensen (BSAC '86)
- Steven D. Cohen (BABA '04)
- Nikki Guillette (BSBA, '04; MAIB '05)
- Nikki Guillette (BSBA-Economics '04, MAIB '05)
- Professor Joseph Hair (BA '66, MA '69, PHD '71)
- Kathleen Weiss Hanley (Ph.D. Finance '88)
- Scott G. Hawkins (BSBA '80)
- James R. Heistand (BSBA '74)
- Clarence "Hal" Houston (BSBA '07)
- Mark Huey (BSAC '80)
- Alan M. Levine (MBA '93) and William Michael Heekin (BSBA—Accounting '75)
- Lee Kayne (BSBA '78, MBA '81)
- Diana Kelly (BABA '08)
- H. Edwin Kiker (MBA '10)
- Alan Kirschenbaum (BSAc '86)
- Jim Kuhlman (BSBA '79)
- Jodi Mansfield (MBA '80)
- Glenn Means (BSBA '77)
- Jody E. Miller (BSAc '04, MAcc '04)
- ReKeithen Miller (BSBA '07), Anthony Criscuolo (BSBA '07) and Thomas Walsh (BSBA '11)
- Dr. Lillian F. Mills (MAcc, '81)
- Brandon T. Moore (MBA '10)
- Stuart R. Morris (BSAc '86, MAcc '89)
- Nick Nanton (BSBA '01)
- Albert Narvades (BSAc '94, MAcc '94)
- Henry C. Newell (BSBA '78)
- William R. Pinkston, III (BSBA '82)
- E.W. "Sandy" Purcell (BSBA '73)
- E.J. Rabell, Jr. (BABA '04)
- Nick Reader (BSAC '97)
- Robert Richter (BSBA '80)
- David Seifer (BSBA '94, MBA '98)
- Shalin Shah (BSBA '88, MBA '02)
- Danny Simon (BSAc '03, MAcc '03)
- Christopher T. Sproles (BSBA '89) and James Mitchell (BSBA '03)
- Glenn Troast (BS '80 – Accounting)
- Scott A. Underwood (BSBA '98)
- Jason L. Unger (BSBA '90)
- Matthew Veal (BSAC '80)
- Sue Washer (MBA '92)
- Robert J. Adams
- Bill Alcorn (BSBA-Accounting '71)
- Mark P. Buell (BSBA '73), partner of Buell & Elligett, P.A., a law firm - Tampa, has again been recognized as a leading trial lawyer in the 2010 editions of Florida Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America and The Legal Elite.
- Gregory Burfitt (MBA '75)
- Andrew B. Cheney (BSBA '72)
- Brian S. Coursey (MACC '06; JD '06)
- Bryan S. Da Frota (BABA '00)
- Stephen Dodd (MBA '03)
- Derrick Harmon (BSBA '05)
- Richard E. Hatcher, CPA (BSAC '80)
- Keith Koenig (BSBA '73, MBA '75)
- Christine Lee (MS Real Estate '05)
- Matthew Matrisian (MBA '99)
- Marco Menezes (BSBA '73)
- Joseph P. Milton (BSBA '67; JD '69)
- Eduardo Padron (PhD '70)
- Raymond Remmer (BSBA '96; MHA/MBA '99)
- Buzz Ritchie (BSBA '69; JD '72)
- Bradley Shairson (BSBA '92)
- Stephen E. Shanck
- Jon Skelly (BSBA '99)
- Vincent L. Valenza (BSBA '85, JD '88, LLMT '89)
- Sue Washer (MBA '92)
- Joshua Weingard (BSBA '94, JD '98, MBA '98)
- Bob Adams (BSBA '61)
- Ray Bassett (BSBA '51)
- Beth Bolton (BSBA '81)
- Bradley J. Bondi (BSBA '95, MBA '98, JD '98)
- Eric Chiang (PhD '02)
- Joie Chitwood, Jr. (BSBA '92)
- Fred D. Cochran (MBA '03)
- Chris Gressett (BSAC '86, MBA '87)
- Hudson Harr (BSBA'07 Finance)
- John Janik (BSBA'01)
- Jason Z. Jones (MACC '94)
- Hubert McIntosh (BSAC '94)
- Jared Paul (BABA '00)
- Joseph R. Peiso (BSAC '80)
- Alexander Reece (BSAC '06)
- Dan Singleton
- Oscar Suris (BSBA '86)
- Howard Taft (BSBA '73)
- Lezlee Westine (BSBA '82)
- Brooke Bass (BA'02; MS '05-Entrepreneurship)
- Robert Beall II (BSBA '65, MBA '69)
- Jeff Boje (BSAC '85; MBA '87)
- Shannon Brouillette (BSAC '94)
- Ryan D. Brown (BSBA '98)
- Laurie Burns (BSBA '84, MBA '86)
- Cheryl Cook (BSBA '85)
- Robert P. Crouch (BSAC '91)
- Bryan da Frota (BABA '00)
- Kevin Freeland (BA '81)
- Brian Gamache (BSBA '80)
- Marshall A. Gibbs (BSBA '87; MBA '89)
- James W. Gibson, Jr., CPA (BSBA '73)
- Hudson Harr (BSBA '07)
- Julia L. Johnson (BSBA '85; JD '88)
- W. Gordon Knight (BSBA '81)
- Rick Kraich (MBA '80)
- Nick Krsnich (BSBA '81; MBA '83)
- Daniel S. Kushner (BSAC '78)
- Sarah Lindquist (BSBA '03)
- Leah Lytle (MBA '02)
- Richard P. McDowell (BSAC '80)
- Dale K. Nash (MBA '03)
- Bob Palmer (BSBA '74)
- Thomas R. Pentz (BSBA '75)
- Jack Polish (BSAC '91)
- Susan Postans (MBA '99)
- Jerald Ray (BSBA '00)
- Bill Reeves (MBA '94)
- J. Dan Singleton (BSBA '83)
- Jeremy S. Sloane (BSBA '96; JD '00)
- Lori A. Sochin (BSBA '84; JD '94)
- Gary Titus (BSBA '82)
- Elizabeth T. Wilkinson (BSBA '81; MBA '83)
- Bonnie Wise (BSBA '84; MBA '86)
- Mark E. Yegge (BSBA '86)
- Marcus Adolfsson (BSBA '02)
- Joshua Craft (BABA '03)
- Janene Culumber (MACC '92)
- Larry Dankner (BSAC '84)
- Dale Dignum (BSBA '74)
- Joseph M. DiNicolantonio (BSBA '89)
- Kevin P. English (BSAC '92)
- Peter Fausel (BSBA '81)
- Matt Friedman (BSBA '93) and Adam Scott (BSBA '95)
- Thomas A. Geoffroy (BSAC '82)
- Kent Gilbreath (PhD '71)
- John Grippo (BSBA '78)
- Debra Harvey (BSBA '76)
- Barbara Higgins (MBA '97)
- Mike Kane (BSBA '95)
- Jeff Kiel (BSAC '81)
- Tara Medley (BSBA '99)
- Henry Moorhead (MBA '82)
- Katie Pemble (BSBA '87)
- David N. Pilotte (BSBA '81)
- Kristen Potter (BA '05; MSM '06)
- Henry M. Prior (BSBA '65)
- Steve Rainey (MACC '84)
- Kevin Rehberg (MACC '93)
- John Rollins (MA '97)
- Mark Schnitzius (BSBA '99) and Gray Mabry (BSTEL '00)
- Peter Sealey (BSBA '62)
- Zachary Seymour (BSBA '02)
- Nick Sommerio (BSBA '87)
- Charles S. Stuart (BSBA '73)
- Joshua B. Weingard (BSBA '94, MBA '98)
- John Williams (BSBA '74)
- David F. Babbel (MBA '75; PhD '78)
- David Barrett (MACC '99)
- Gregg Behar (BSBA '84)
- Jon Bolen (BSBA '90)
- Jeffrey Bova (BSBA '95)
- Megan Boyer (MBA '91)
- Cynthia Cohen (BAE '68)
- Maurice Contreras (BSBA '82)
- Ani Cortinas (BSBA '97)
- Beryl H. "Berri" Davis (MBA '71)
- Erica DesRoches (BSBA '88)
- Mark T. Emerson (BSBA '76)
- Dr. Kiran K. Garimella (PhD '93)
- Robert Hackney (BSBA '73)
- Andy Halpern (BSBA '81)
- Tim Harvey (BSBA '78)
- John D. Heins (BSBA '81)
- David J. Houston (BSBA '79)
- Julia Johnson (BSBA '85; JD '88)
- Stephen Knopik (BSBA '77)
- Chris Laping (MBA '99)
- Christopher Marshall (BSBA '87)
- David Plumlee (Ph.D. '82)
- Grady Pridgen's (BSBA '81)
- Leslie Reagin (BSBA '95) & Chris Breakiron (BSAC '91; MACC '92)
- Peter Sealey (BSBA '62)
- Jordan I. Siegel (BSBA '87)
- Jose B. Solorzano (MBA '01)
- Laura Spencer (BSAC '86)
- Bradley S. Weiss (BSBA '82)
- Scott Williams (BSBA '83)