Alumni Café is a casual lunch-and-learn speaker series that connects 10-12 of our undergraduate business students per session with a local Warrington alum. The goal is to facilitate our students' understanding of classroom concepts by offering the experienced and balanced perspectives of our diverse alumni base. The intimate and relaxed setting, with catered lunch, is undoubtedly enjoyed by all.
Associate Director of Alumni Engagement & Annual Giving
- Email (rebecca.lakkis at warrington.ufl.edu)
Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- How can I best develop my idea or launch my business while still in school? How can Heavener help me get my new venture off the ground? (i.e. what is true entrepreneurship?)
- What will the environment for investing, growth and expansion be within Florida by the time I graduate?
- What is networking? How do I effectively network? What is the power of social networking?
- What skill sets adjacent to traditional business are the most valuable for career success? How do I best collaborate and partner with other disciplines?
- Beyond course selection, what are the intangible qualities that a hiring manager looks for? How do I develop those qualities while still in school?
- How important is career development while working in a job? How do I find time for career development while still remaining committed to my daily tasks? What are the best outlets/ways to go about building a curriculum for myself that caters to career development?
- Business ethics: firing employees, employee privacy, conflicts of interest, etc.
- Job transitions and success
No PowerPoints, flashy handouts or suits are required. We’re simply recruiting great storytellers who appreciate the learning process. This is your chance to give back to Warrington in a very unique way, and we hope you connect.
Spring 2015 Speakers
If you would like to be added to the wait list for a session that is full please email Rebecca Lakkis (rebecca.lakkis at warrington.ufl.edu).