Beta Alpha Psi
BETA ALPHA PSI is an honorary organization for Financial Information students and professionals. The primary objective of Beta Alpha Psi is to encourage and give recognition to scholastic and professional excellence in the business information field. This includes promoting the study and practice of accounting, finance and information systems; providing opportunities for self-development, service and association among members and practicing professionals, and encouraging a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibility.
This honorary accounting fraternity has 115 chapters nationally. The Upsilon Chapter of the University of Florida was the 18th chapter to be founded (in 1938).
How to Become a Member
UF Chapter Beta Alpha Psi accepts applications near the beginning of every semester. A mandatory informational meeting is held for students wishing to join. Requirements for membership include minimum grade point averages and attendance.
- Completion of at least 7 hours of upper division (3000 level or above) accounting courses at UF with a cumulative 3.1 average in these courses.
- A 3.0 cumulative average for all work completed at UF after the student has earned 60 credits.
For purposes of Beta Alpha Psi membership, a graduate student is defined as a student who has completed at least one 5000 level or higher accounting course.
- A 3.0 cumulative average in accounting courses (3000 level or above) completed at UF.
- A 3.0 cumulative average for all work completed at UF after the student has earned 60 credits (including while enrolled as an undergraduate).
For students that transfer after completion of their bachelor's degree elsewhere.
- Completion of at least 6 hours of 5000 level accounting or above at UF with combined accounting GPA from transferring institution of a 3.0.
- A 3.0 cumulative average for all work completed at UF.
Sarah Morich (BetaAlphaPsiUpsilon at gmail.com)
Angela Davis (BetaAlphaPsiUpsilon at gmail.com)
Sara Placid (BetaAlphaPsiUpsilon at gmail.com)
Katie Smith (BetaAlphaPsiUpsilon at gmail.com)
Connor Balint (BetaAlphaPsiUpsilon at gmail.com)
Merrill Wilson (BetaAlphaPsiUpsilon at gmail.com)